Chapala.com Webboard

weather

Mad_Max

It's miserable outside but we're cozy inside. Have 2 propane heaters now, one for the living area and one for the bedroom. In October, I weatherstripped the front door and then I went on the roof and duct taped all the skylight vents shut (six of them)...the difference is amazing compared to last year.

When we bought and renovated our home in 2004, we installed gas taps in several locations. A propane heater keeps our living room cozy on this sort of weather and we just pile on the quilts in the bedroom, rather than use a propane heater there. We do have a fireplace, but wood is very expensive and most of the heat just goes up the chimney. It also saves a bit of the forest on the mountainsides & reduces pollution.

It has been raining all day in SJC, sometimes very hard. The buckets have been in place since last night. The pool has risen and is beginning to overflow. The street is saturated and working on becoming a river. I guess this is all good for the lake, but I hope the mountains keep stable.

Archived