Chapala.com Webboard

Size Pictures for Permanente

Make sure they also meet the other specifications I understand that the the Farmacia Guadalajara photos may not be acceptable and that there are a couple of places in Chapala (one by the black and white cow) who's photos meet the requirements.

Make sure they also meet the other specifications I understand that the the Farmacia Guadalajara photos may not be acceptable and that there are a couple of places in Chapala (one by the black and white cow) who's photos meet the requirements.

This is completely false. My partner and I both used Farmacia Guadalajara photos. INM actually took them out of the FG envelope.

This is completely false. My partner and I both used Farmacia Guadalajara photos. INM actually took them out of the FG envelope.

OK. Glad to hear that. But last year our lawyer told us that they were not accepting the Farmacia photos and we had to go to Chapala. I guess things have changed again.

It may be better to say partially false rather than completely as pictures from FC do get rejected. Why take a chance with FC photos and be faced with the hassle of getting another set.

Cedros is right on. Some folks using The Farmacia GDL have had the pictures rejected lately. Therefore if you've got the time in case they are turned down, then go ahead, If you don't then go to a recommended photographer.

Oh, I understand that the turn down rate is less than 1/3 of the time, maybe 10%.

I'm no expert on the subject. I am just passing on what I heard from two sources. I had never been turned down either.

I have not seen anyone post that their OWN photos from FG have been rejected. Just comments like.. I understand that ...My lawyer said...My friends had theirs...I heard from two sources, etc.

I do not believe this rumour at all based on my own 15 years of personal experience and as a facilitator for many, many people.

You can even print your own with your ink jet printer just like the local pros use.

I took my Farmacia Guadalajara pics and she said the paper is too flimsy. I walked to the right of the building on the next street corner, crossed the street, went up the stairs, had my pic taken at the portrait studio, waited 4-5 min, paid 50 pesos and walked back to the inm office, submitted my pics & deposit, got my fingers black and left :). 20 days, i need to return there to pick up my card. Lady said Chapala would not be handling it.

Just to clarify I got permanente.

Archived