Chapala.com Webboard

O rings for kitchen lever style faucets?

I bought kitchen faucets from the Hardware store beside Intercam (with Oxxo in plaza). My faucets are now leaking but they don't sell the O rings to repair them. Neither does Tool Town. Has anyone found a hardware store that does sell them? So frustrating.

Thanks MostlyLost! I just called and was told they do sell O rings for faucets but only specific sizes so best to arrive with the old one and see if they can match it. I think I'll wait until Tuesday to go there because there is a lot of traffic in town for the puente this weekend.

I'm curious. Are you talking about, what I grew up calling, washers?  Like in the photo.

"A washer is a thin plate (typically disk-shaped, but sometimes square) with a hole (typically in the middle) that is normally used to distribute the load of a threaded fastener, such as a bolt or nut. Other uses are as a spacer, spring (Belleville washer, wave washer), wear pad, preload indicating device, locking device, and to reduce vibration (rubber washer)."

620px-Washers_agr.jpg.4ba5aa37d42b46b790bbe684856bc9f0.jpg

2 hours ago, Voir dire said:

I'm curious. Are you talking about, what I grew up calling, washers?  Like in the photo.

"A washer is a thin plate (typically disk-shaped, but sometimes square) with a hole (typically in the middle) that is normally used to distribute the load of a threaded fastener, such as a bolt or nut. Other uses are as a spacer, spring (Belleville washer, wave washer), wear pad, preload indicating device, locking device, and to reduce vibration (rubber washer)."

620px-Washers_agr.jpg.4ba5aa37d42b46b790bbe684856bc9f0.jpg

Where and Why Are O Rings Used? – Northern Engineering Sheffield

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1