Chapala.com Webboard

Water problem in Las Salvias?

RickS

The pump station at Angel Flores and Tempisque may be shut down while SIMAPA finishes the work on Tempisque and Emiliano Zapata. Just a guess. 

They appeared to make all the connections on Friday but there's still a big hole in the street with no one working today.

Still no water so SIMAPA's promise of a fixed pump hasn't yet happened after one week.

No one has been working around the big hole at Tempisque and Emiliano Zapata.

There's a couple of stories floating around but the bottom line is there's no water but there is the sound of pipas wafting through the neighborhood.

The last pipa driver I spoke to yesterday afternoon showed me a video of a working pump and said later in the day the water would begin flowing.

Now it's Saturday afternoon and there's still no water in the middle of a holiday weekend.

Fortunately, another truck was delivering water to a neighbor, so I walked over and asked if he'd bring one to me and another neighbor. An hour he says. Not holding out much hope the driver will come through, especially since he can't seem to get the truck pump running to unload his current load of water. 

18 hours ago, John Shrall said:

The last pipa driver I spoke to yesterday afternoon showed me a video of a working pump and said later in the day the water would begin flowing.

Now it's Saturday afternoon and there's still no water in the middle of a holiday weekend.

Fortunately, another truck was delivering water to a neighbor, so I walked over and asked if he'd bring one to me and another neighbor. An hour he says. Not holding out much hope the driver will come through, especially since he can't seem to get the truck pump running to unload his current load of water. 

Some things in Mexico never change...Viva Mexico

I live upper Ajijic at the top of Juarez on the East-West street called Privada Juarez and my aljiba is full of water. So, no problems here this Sunday. I didn't check until today. I have a very large Aljiba which holds more water than I normally use in a week So I can't tell you if my city supply was temporarily shut down or not. I just know that everything has been working great for me at the top of Juarez in Ajijic

Still no water. Maybe SIMAPA is taking a long holiday weekend.

To make matters worse, CFE is installing a new power line on the carretera at Tempisque in front of Berel. I heard the CFE hard hat tell a shop owner they were going to shut the power off on Wednesday morning 9/20 in order to move the lines. This could affect parts or even all of Las Salvias depending on which transmission lines they're moving.

Still no water but if you call SIMAPA they insist it will come back on today. Today comes and goes and still no water.

To make matters worse, this morning's storm knocked out an electrical phase somewhere again. Low voltage in areas and no power at all in others. This is a recurring problem that CFE just can't seem to stabilize. Today's hit dropped the house water pump so we won't be using any of the water that isn't being delivered by SIMAPA. We'll use that new inch of rainwater dumped in the pool overnight.