Chapala.com Webboard

Need guidance how to  become a  Mexican citizen, anyone completed it recently

On 8/7/2023 at 8:11 AM, vetteforron said:

Apoyo adultos Mayores.It is an old age pension for citizens 65 and older. Not much but helps. Right now 4800 pesos every two months. January goes to 6000. I applied in Jocotepec many times and never received anything. I applied here in Sonora, Guaymas and got it. 

Pays the electric bill. 

Interesting about the bienestar pension.  I have a pdf from a government website that says that you can get it if :

- Mexican citizen " by birth "

- or having lived here for 25 years.

By the way...  there is a facebook group " Naturalización y Nacionalidad Mexicana ", with 30 000 members.  A lot of useful info there.

And maybe I am wrong....but I always believed that after 60, there is no language test.

Rony

17 hours ago, ibarra said:

Rony, I don't believe your information regarding Bienestar pension is completely correct. You can be a nationalized Mexican to recieve the pension.  

Maybe my pdf from the government website is not uptodate and things have changed then.  It doesnt show a date.  I looked again.

But it clearly says : Mexican by birth or 25 years residency here.

Or some people got lucky 😀

31 minutes ago, Rony said:

Maybe my pdf from the government website is not uptodate and things have changed then.  It doesnt show a date.  I looked again.

Here are the required identification items. The fact that an INE card can be used indicates that a nationalized person can apply. And many nationalized people obtained Mexican passports, as did my husband,  also indicates you don't have to be a Mexican at birth.  

- Present official identification (INE, professional license, military card, passport, INAPAM credential or identity card)

1 minute ago, ibarra said:

Here are the required identification items. The fact that an INE card can be used indicates that a nationalized person can apply.

- Present official identification (INE, professional license, military card, passport, INAPAM credential or identity card)

You left out birth certificate number one on the list

Persona solicitante adulta mayor:

1.   Acta de nacimiento.

2.  Documento de Identificación vigente:

Credencial para votar o

Pasaporte vigente o

Credencial del Instituto Nacional de las Personas Adultas Mayores (INAPAM)

u otros documentos que acrediten identidad expedidos por la autoridad correspondiente.

3.  Clave Única de Registro de Población (CURP).

4. Comprobante de domicilio (máximo 6 meses de antigüedad) o constancia de residencia de la autoridad local.

Here is the number to call  800 007 3705   

They can answer all your questions. 

Like I wrote....things might have changed or some people got lucky.

This is from the Mex government website pdf ( where they also mention that a birth certif is required ) :

I. ¿Quiénes pueden ser los beneficiarios?
Las personas de 65 años de edad en adelante, mexicanos por nacimiento o con un mínimo de 25 años 
de residencia en el país, que no reciban pensión mayor a $1,092.00 pesos mensuales por concepto de 
jubilación o pensión de tipo contributivo.

37 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

You left out birth certificate number one on the list

Persona solicitante adulta mayor:

1.   Acta de nacimiento.

2.  Documento de Identificación vigente:

Credencial para votar o

Pasaporte vigente o

Credencial del Instituto Nacional de las Personas Adultas Mayores (INAPAM)

u otros documentos que acrediten identidad expedidos por la autoridad correspondiente.

3.  Clave Única de Registro de Población (CURP).

4. Comprobante de domicilio (máximo 6 meses de antigüedad) o constancia de residencia de la autoridad local.

Here is the number to call  800 007 3705   

They can answer all your questions. 

I only cited what I felt proved you don't have to be born in MX to receive this pension.

7 minutes ago, Rony said:

Like I wrote....things might have changed or some people got lucky.

This is from the Mex government website pdf ( where they also mention that a birth certif is required ) :

I. ¿Quiénes pueden ser los beneficiarios?
Las personas de 65 años de edad en adelante, mexicanos por nacimiento o con un mínimo de 25 años 
de residencia en el país, que no reciban pensión mayor a $1,092.00 pesos mensuales por concepto de 

This is very old. The pension is currently 4800 every other month and soon to be 6000 every other month.

28 minutes ago, ibarra said:

This is very old. The pension is currently 4800 every other month and soon to be 6000 every other month.

The 1092 pesos is not the amount that they pay.  It says that you cant have another pension of more than 1092, in order to get the Bienestar one.

3 hours ago, Rony said:

The 1092 pesos is not the amount that they pay.  It says that you cant have another pension of more than 1092, in order to get the Bienestar one.

That website may not be updated. 

That has been a recent criticism of the program that it does not matter how much you make, or your net worth. Thus even AMLO receives the benefit. 

From  https://programasparaelbienestar.gob.mx/pension-bienestar-adultos-mayores/

The Pension for the Well-being of Older Adults is one of the Well-being Programs promoted by the Government of the Fourth Transformation, whose objective is to improve the situation of social protection of the entire adult population over 65 years of age or older through an economic pension, equivalent to $4,800 pesos every two months ( in 2023) delivered directly, without intermediaries.

In addition, this pension is universal , which means that it is delivered to all older adults living in Mexico , regardless of origin, social or economic condition, ideology, beliefs, nationality, etc.

Unlike other Welfare Programs , this support is elevated to constitutional status ; that is, the Mexican State has the obligation to comply and enforce the delivery of these economic supports regardless of the government or rulers in power.  

Be 65 years of age or older within the two-month period of registration.

Be Mexican or Mexican by birth or naturalization with current domicile in the Mexican Republic.

Birth certificate.

Valid identification document: voting card or INAPAM card, passport or other documents issued by the corresponding authority that prove identity).

Unique Population Registry Code (CURP).

Proof of address (maximum 6 months old) or proof of residence from the local authority.

Unique Welfare Form duly filled out. (they do this in your interview)

For non citizens: 

Permanent Residence Credential issued more than 25 years ago by the National Institute of Migration (INM)

Migration history issued by the INM

CURP

Proof of address no more than 6 months old 

Last update: January 2023

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

From  https://programasparaelbienestar.gob.mx/pension-bienestar-adultos-mayores/

Permanent Residence Credential issued more than 25 years ago by the National Institute of Migration (INM)

Migration history issued by the INM

"Permanent Residence Credential issued more than 25 years ago by the National Institute of Migration (INM)"

We did not have Permanente cards 25 years ago.  We had fm3 or fm2 booklets.

Mostlylost, I can't find the information you typed regarding non citizens on the website you quoted. Please help me and show me where that is. You can copy it in Spanish if you want to.

35 minutes ago, ibarra said:

"Permanent Residence Credential issued more than 25 years ago by the National Institute of Migration (INM)"

We did not have Permanente cards 25 years ago.  We had fm3 or fm2 booklets.

Mostlylost, I can't find the information you typed regarding non citizens on the website you quoted. Please help me and show me where that is. You can copy it in Spanish if you want to.

They did not say Residente Permante. They require a permanent residence credential.  There have been permanent resident credential under various names for more than 25 years. I can't remember them off hand.   I got the information on the phone by calling the 800 number after reading the new program stating all residents of Mexico regardless of nationality on AMLO's website. 

• Confused 1

Been in MX full-time for 25 years and have never heard of what Mostlylost just stated "They require a permanent residence credential.  There have been permanent resident credential under various names for more than 25 years."

Anyone have any idea what document this could be?

On 8/21/2023 at 10:02 AM, Rony said:

Rony, please give me the website and location in the website where it states "or 25 years residency here".  Bienestar employee told my lawyer and me this morning that non-citizens do not qualify.

And would you please give me the same information for where you copied this: 

Quiénes pueden ser los beneficiarios?

TIA

1 hour ago, ibarra said:

Rony, please give me the website and location in the website where it states "or 25 years residency here".  Bienestar employee told my lawyer and me this morning that non-citizens do not qualify.

And would you please give me the same information for where you copied this: 

Quiénes pueden ser los beneficiarios?

TIA

I just messaged you 

Here is a link to a publication of January 2023, from the Bienestar website.  

25 years residence is not mentioned anymore here.

https://programasparaelbienestar.gob.mx/pension-bienestar-adultos-mayores/

Pension for the Welfare of the Elderly

The Pension for the Welfare of the Elderly is one of the Welfare Programs promoted by the Government of the Fourth Transformation, whose objective is to improve the social protection situation of the entire adult population over 65 years of age or older, through an economic pension, equivalent to $ 4,800 pesos bimonthly delivered directly, without intermediaries.

Unlike other Welfare Programs, this support is elevated to constitutional status; that is, the Mexican State has the obligation to comply and enforce the delivery of these economic supports regardless of the government or rulers in turn.

In addition, this pension is universal, which means that it is given to all older adults living in Mexico, regardless of origin, social or economic status, ideology, beliefs, nationality, etc.

In this way, we help in the improvement of the situation experienced by the elderly, in order to recognize their effort and commitment in the construction of our country in order to guarantee a dignified and full old age.

What are the criteria and/or requirements to receive this support?

• Be 65 years of age or older within the two-month period of incorporation.
  • Be Mexican by birth or naturalization with current domicile in the Mexican Republic.
  • Birth certificate.
  • Valid identification document: credential to vote or INAPAM, passport or other documents issued by the corresponding authority that prove identity).
  • Unique Population Registry Code (CURP).
  • Proof of address (maximum 6 months old) or proof of residence from the local authority.
  • Unique Wellness Form duly completed.

If the applicant cannot carry out the procedure by himself, he can appoint an auxiliary adult on his behalf, who must present a valid official identification, CURP, proof of address and a document proving the relationship with the older person.

Priority attention will be given to older persons living in municipalities and localities with a majority indigenous or Afro-Mexican population or with a high or very high degree of marginalization.

Last updated: January 2023

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1