Chapala.com Webboard

ReRun of the Ten Plagues in Ancient Egypt?

Natasha

Woke up today and had a scary thought. Googled (thought 7) and found there were supposedly 10 plagues visited on Egypt when Pharaoh would not permit Israelites to leave. Biblical, scientific, and other sources all have opinions about causes/ veracity, etc. No opinion  from me.

BUT.......... for whatever reason, if this happened regardless of cause/form.......... what does that mean today? 

We've had Original Sars CoV2, followed major variants ( never mind countless sub- and sub- sub- variants):       Delta,  Alpha, Gamma, Beta, and now Omicron. So even if we let the original version count as one, does that mean we won't be out of these woods until four more new ones appear? 🤔

This is NOT meant as a serious topic for starting a s**t storm, but a tongue in cheek way to say.........     Happy New Year to all, but the fat lady is nowhere close to singing yet so y'all stay safe!  😻😻😻

• Like 1

Happy New Year to you both.

Since I was 20 years old until now world population has doubled.  There are billions crowded into cities in close proximity to each other.  That has to have some impact if what they taught us in basic biology classes is correct.

The good news is this virus, though artificially created, seems to be following the usual path of becoming less dangerous with subsequent evolutions.  So maybe it won't take four years to get out of this mess.

We are fortunate to live here with plentiful sunshine, fresh air and mild temperatures.  As a result we are less likely to be in close quarters/crowds long enough to catch covid.  

It is so great to be living in Mexico!   Of the fairly numerous places I've lived, this is by far the best.  There's a great reason for a Happy New Year right there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Happy New Year to you both.

Since I was 20 years old until now world population has doubled.  There are billions crowded into cities in close proximity to each other.  That has to have some impact if what they taught us in basic biology classes is correct.

The good news is this virus, though artificially created, seems to be following the usual path of becoming less dangerous with subsequent evolutions.  So maybe it won't take four years to get out of this mess.

We are fortunate to live here with plentiful sunshine, fresh air and mild temperatures.  As a result we are less likely to be in close quarters/crowds long enough to catch covid.  

It is so great to be living in Mexico!   Of the fairly numerous places I've lived, this is by far the best.  There's a great reason for a Happy New Year right there.

Good post, thanks.  Africa the US and Europe, have now downloaded Corona Cov3.0 I hope we are seeing the weakening of this vicious killer. I could gladly skip the updates.

• 1 year later...
On 12/31/2021 at 1:17 PM, Natasha said:

Woke up today and had a scary thought. Googled (thought 7) and found there were supposedly 10 plagues visited on Egypt when Pharaoh would not permit Israelites to leave. Biblical, scientific, and other sources all have opinions about causes/ veracity, etc. No opinion  from me.

BUT.......... for whatever reason, if this happened regardless of cause/form.......... what does that mean today? 

We've had Original Sars CoV2, followed major variants ( never mind countless sub- and sub- sub- variants):       Delta,  Alpha, Gamma, Beta, and now Omicron. So even if we let the original version count as one, does that mean we won't be out of these woods until four more new ones appear? 🤔

This is NOT meant as a serious topic for starting a s**t storm, but a tongue in cheek way to say.........     Happy New Year to all, but the fat lady is nowhere close to singing yet so y'all stay safe!  😻😻😻

There is no archeological support for the Exodus or for the plagues associated with it.  It is a Bible story, nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1