Chapala.com Webboard

Want to Buy Shaw Direct DSR630

Mexico does not provide, or controll Shaw. It is purely Canadian and Shaw is modernizing with a smaller footprint for their signals, concentrating them on Canada, with less bleed-over into other areas......like the USA and Mexico. 

4 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

Mexico does not provide, or controll Shaw. It is purely Canadian and Shaw is modernizing with a smaller footprint for their signals, concentrating them on Canada, with less bleed-over into other areas......like the USA and Mexico. 

False information such as the above continues on this site. For FACTUAL Information from Shaw Direct go to Transition Plans at  http://www.shawbroadcast.com/Content/English/mpeg4.htm

Well the next transfer takes place or is finished by, what was it June 5 or 6th. When I have talked to techies up here they tell me that a few to some to many channels will be leaving the older satellites and be moving to Anik G-1 over this 3 year period. I truly hope lummiertoo is correct, but that is not what many but not all of those up north are telling.  Only time will tell and if they start broadcasting channels converted to MPEG-4 on the old satellites, and don't move some or all of them to the newer bird, then there is hope.

We can sit and post and post arguing  whose right or we can just wait and see whose right, and I sure hope I am wrong. But these older satellites only last so long and the newer ones used both in the US and Canada have a much tighter signal footprint. As do the newest Shaw Direct satellite and the newer US DISH and DirecTV satellites.

Edit: Oh and I see the ComputerGuy posting on one of the satellite forums, He knows his stuff as well

Archived