Chapala.com Webboard

Target.com USA

ComputerGuy

I was looking around the web for some things and came across the target.com website. It popped up a message saying they now ship to Mexico, with all duty and taxes calculated at the time of your purchase. Very interesting.

Our nearest Target in Tucson is seldom host to more that a few customers. Every time we have been there, you could shoot a cannon down any aisle and probably never hit anyone. I don‘t think they are doing too well here. Walmart and Costco are always mobbed, in contrast. So, maybe Target is looking for more fertile territory where the economy is growing at a much better rate than the USA. I think Woolworth did that many decades ago.

As someone who witnessed (closeup - one of their large stores was literally behind our property) Targets epic fail in Canada I am not sure what all the excitement would be about. I understand they do well in the the US, but seem to have trouble translating that to other markets. I think a lot of their appeal is the ability to do well in a huge marketplace, and expansion has not been their friend elsewhere. Buen suerte, Target.

Archived