Chapala.com Webboard

When I signed up at the Chapala office I was given the name of a translator who is available to accompany patients on doctor/hospital visits. His name & number is Juan Carlos (33) 3468 5802. I have not yet contacted him so I do not know his rates or quality of service.

I was one of the first to use Juan and find him reliable and he has a good rapport with the doctors as well as knowing what to do and where to go in the hospital in Guad. Both his english and spanish are excellent and he often calls me the night before to remind me that I have an appt the next day.

What is the family annual payment classification if you meet the financial requirements for permanente ($60,000 USA mas o menos for a couple)?

Where did you get the $60,000 number because the qualification for couple's permanantes is a lot less than that.

If you are retired you shouldn't be charged to join SP. Pensioners are not charged.

Where did you get the $60,000 number because the qualification for couple's permanantes is a lot less than that.

If you are retired you shouldn't be charged to join SP. Pensioners are not charged.

So many sources. Here's one:

http://yucalandia.com/answers-to-common-questions/new-rules-and-procedures-for-immigration-visiting-and-staying-in-mexico/#Proof of Financial Independence for Permanent Residency Applicants

Using Method of Regular Deposits of Income or Pension Receipts: (Residente Permanente)

~ Have minimum monthly (investment account or work?) income deposits or pension deposits that are the equivalent of five hundred days worth of the current minimum wage in the Federal District, for each of the previous six months – with original and copies of original bank statement. This translates to:

about $2,500 USD (exactly $32,380 pesos) a month of regular deposits for one Residente Permanente.

Why not come in with both are temporal and then after 4 years go permanente without financials or one comes in as permanente and imports the other as a family member so only one needs to financially qualify as permanente? Most people cannot produce $2500 a month in pension income.

Why not come in with both are temporal and then after 4 years go permanente without financials or one comes in as permanente and imports the other as a family member so only one needs to financially qualify as permanente? Most people cannot produce $2500 a month in pension income.

I'm not saying it's easy. I'm just saying that this is the financial expectation. I know there are many who were able to come in because of their visa history, even though they did not necessarily meet the financial expectation. I wonder what it will be in four years for those who are just beginning their temporals now.

I'm not saying it's easy. I'm just saying that this is the financial expectation. I know there are many who were able to come in because of their visa history, even though they did not necessarily meet the financial expectation. I wonder what it will be in four years for those who are just beginning their temporals now.

I bet the immigration financial qualifications will be lowered. The number of people in 2013 receiving temporary and permanent status dropped dramatically. That is billions of dollars a year not spent in Mexico. Mexico overreached in the new INM rules and Mexico can lose out on foreigners retiring here or lower the qualifications.

Look at page 19, that is marked page 19 at the bottom of the page in the document.

http://www.politicamigratoria.gob.mx/work/models/SEGOB/CEM/PDF/Estadisticas/Sintesis_Graficas/Sintesis_2013.pdf

I was one of the first to use Juan and find him reliable and he has a good rapport with the doctors as well as knowing what to do and where to go in the hospital in Guad. Both his english and spanish are excellent and he often calls me the night before to remind me that I have an appt the next day.

I was introduced to Juan this morning while visiting the clinic in Chapala. His English is very good and I'm going to have him assist me on the next doctor's visit. One of the nurses working there this morning also has very good English however is very busy handling patients and doesn't have time to deal with you and explain the procedures. The intake receptionist has no English so if you do not have good Spanish, having someone to accompany you is essential.

I also inquired about the other SP clinics around Lakeside (Ajijic, Jocotepec, Santa Cruz, San Antonio, etc.) and was told they are staffed by medical students but no doctors so depending on what you need, you may be OK at some of the other locations.

• 3 months later...

It is certainly a myth that Seguro Popular is for poor people - it was improved, with major investments, to cover catastrophic illnesses for people who didn't have insurance. Many of them are small business owners, people working with cash - they are in that gap which trapped millions of American families before Obama care - not enough money for expensive private insurance or care, yet not comfortable with the overcrowded and underfunded public care.

For many people the I.M.S.S. is a bit of a trap. It used to be that I.M.S.S. covered the worker's whole family. A family member would be forced to work a minimum paid position in return for the medical (and pension, subsidized housing, workplace injury coverage, etc). A good example of this are the cleaning ladies and handymen - do they work at a set wage, with employer paid benefits, or do they go 'freelance', earning many times more than the salary earners, often not paying taxes.

It is certainly a myth that Seguro Popular is for poor people - it was improved, with major investments, to cover catastrophic illnesses for people who didn't have insurance. Many of them are small business owners, people working with cash - they are in that gap which trapped millions of American families before Obama care - not enough money for expensive private insurance or care, yet not comfortable with the overcrowded and underfunded public care.

For many people the I.M.S.S. is a bit of a trap. It used to be that I.M.S.S. covered the worker's whole family. A family member would be forced to work a minimum paid position in return for the medical (and pension, subsidized housing, workplace injury coverage, etc). A good example of this are the cleaning ladies and handymen - do they work at a set wage, with employer paid benefits, or do they go 'freelance', earning many times more than the salary earners, often not paying taxes.

A lot of the cleaning ladies, gardeners, cashiers, waiters,..... are still eager to receive the IMSS advantages, especially for pension and other. Jobs that include IMSS benefits are hard to find here (even though, most of the time, it is a legal obligation to pay it for a worker).

Enrollment for domestic employees is voluntary.

Artículo 13. Voluntariamente podrán ser sujetos de aseguramiento al régimen obligatorio:

I. Los trabajadores en industrias familiares y los independientes, como profesionales, comerciantes en

pequeño, artesanos y demás trabajadores no asalariados;

II. Los trabajadores domésticos;

Enrollment for domestic employees is voluntary.

Artículo 13. Voluntariamente podrán ser sujetos de aseguramiento al régimen obligatorio:

I. Los trabajadores en industrias familiares y los independientes, como profesionales, comerciantes en

pequeño, artesanos y demás trabajadores no asalariados;

II. Los trabajadores domésticos;

deleted

they are in that gap ...not enough money for expensive private insurance or care, yet not comfortable with the overcrowded and underfunded public care.

My understanding of Seguro Popular is that it IS the overcrowded and underfunded public care. At least in many areas it is the public care, I'm not aware of any other pubic system which is available.

they are in that gap ...not enough money for expensive private insurance or care, yet not comfortable with the overcrowded and underfunded public care.

My understanding of Seguro Popular is that it IS the overcrowded and underfunded public care. At least in many areas it is the public care, I'm not aware of any other pubic system which is available.

IMSS has over 57,000,000 enrolled members and used to be the largest "public" care system in Mexico by many times the enrollment of one of the other "public" care socialized medical systems callled Seguro Popular which is also Centro de Salud, Secretaria de Salud which is among others like ISSSTE; Pemex, some municipal and some state "public" socalized heath care systems.

Here there are many systems, not just a few.

Seguro Popular enrollment is getting up to almost where the IMSS is at and they are trying to increase enrollment in the IMSS by cracking down on employers and this is why at this time IMSS is not underfunded or under equiped anymore in most áreas. They see 57,000 patients per day.

IMSS has been restructuring for several years now and last year recieved a loan from the federal gov´t. to clear up the mess they were getting into or where already in.

Seguro Popular might be overcrowded in many áreas but not underfunded and have been building hospitals to date and clinics so that isn´t true in most áreas. As enrollment increases so does building new facilities and hiring increase in populated áreas.

The main problem with these systems is the thousands of bogus visits people make to the clinics and hospitals as in hypochondriacs or getting days off with pay plus the newer policy of chronic medical condition patients [at least at many of the systems I described above] needing medicine/s having now to see a Dr. every 30 days for a quick checkup to get a 30 day prescription [free]. This alone helps fill up the clinics and consultorios in some hospitals. IMO

Keeping up to date on things is always welcome.

Seguro Popular might be overcrowded in many áreas but not underfunded and have been building hospitals to date and clinics so that isn´t true in most áreas. As enrollment increases so does building new facilities and hiring increase in populated áreas.

Hmm.I would suggest that the IMSS is broke and is not, and will not be self sustaining unless the premiums are increased and the servive significantly reorganized.

Giving more tax money to get it out of this hole is only kicking the can down the road.

My experience is you can to go to any hospital or clinic to experience the non cooperation that the admin staff has for the medical staff etc and the indifference most of the admin employees have for the customer, us

A local example is the Chapala IMSS Clinic.The person Lorena, in the Archives and gatekeeper to getting appointment for consultants ,is a case in point. She treats Mexicans and gringos with total indifference. God what would it take for her to say " How can I help you"

So apart from the older and "newer" Hospital Civil in Guad . Where have SP built a new hospital that can do surgery etc. I do not mean clinics which are just pill pushers?

I guess the money must be coming from some sort of taxes which "we" are paying for

So now we have a parallel medical program which is being offered "free"!!! Surely a free enrollment only compounds a financial operating problem

I believe any program, be it medical or a feed program, has to have some "$ MXN value" placed on it, or it becomes abused.

2 new hospitals in the city of San Luis Potosi that are full service Seguro Popular hospitals. Many hospitals nationwide.

One person dictating to the people and giving a bad view of "one" clinic is not worth a pinch in my opinión. If you can document her incompetence, then report her. I reported a Dr. and signed the report, took 45 minutes to do. Not that uncommon in Mexico anymore.

The IMSS is far from broke and the news 2 years ago about them running out of funds at the present rate they come in to pay IMSS pensions by 2016 is old news.

They have restructured for 4 or 5 years and expanded enrollment and are after employers who skirt the law, so watch for more enrollees every year contributing as has been the case lately.

This Seguro Popular hospital in Zapopan is fairly new.

HOSPITAL GENERAL DE OCCIDENTE

DOMICILIO Avenida. Zoquipan No.1050 Código Postal 45170

Colonia Zoquipan Municipio Zapopan.

"They need to have a certification of the National Health Council

The head of the Seguro Popular in Jalisco, Antonio Cruces reports that 14 public hospitals do not have full accreditation.

"GUADALAJARA, JALISCO (25/JUN/2014) -. State Public hospitals not accredited with the Seguro Popular at year end, or at least are in the process of doing so, lost the contract to the attention of members and will not receive program resources.

This was announced at a press conference the director of the state Seguro Popular Antonio Cruces Mada, where reported that of the 565 hospitals and health centers in Jalisco, there are 14 public hospitals that do not have full accreditation of the services contemplated Seguro Popular as Beds, Catastrophic Expenditures and XXI Century, which directly affects the care that is provided to members.

"If these institutions do not complete their year-end process, the risk of losing the contract with the Seguro Popular is imminent, and seek alternative options for patient care."

Among hospitals that do not meet full accreditation to the Seguro Popular are Guadalajara Civil Hospital, the General Hospital of the West, the Regional Hospital of La Barca, Zapopan General Hospital and the Centre for Mental Health Care Stay prolonged "El Zapote" among others.

This accreditation is marked from the Seguro Popular at the federal level, who obliges states to their hospitals meet this guideline, and thus ensure the timeliness and quality in each of the services they provide.

For example, if a hospital wants to transplant services or colon cancer, you should have a document certifying him as fit to provide such services, and thus gives the Seguro Popular resources on account of every attention given in this Sector its affiliates.

"In theory, I could not pay a single penny to the Civil Hospital, because they are not accredited Channels, which is the daily care, de facto, the Superior Audit of the Federation will watch me, but the need is the need prevailing service. "

Hospitals should have a certification to the National Health Council, and that's apart from the accreditation with the Seguro Popular.

"The institutions that want to provide services to the Popular Insurance, will have to pass the accreditation process Seguro Popular, a hospital can be certified, but not credited to serve patients of popular insurance, based on federal guidelines."

Cruces Mada reports that accreditation is a process of will and internal processes of health institutions."

http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2014/535065/6/hospitales-no-acreditados-ante-seguro-popular-perderan-contrato.htm

Mario Rivas Souza The unit is proposed by the Secretaria de Salud [seguro Popular] to increase the facilities of the Hospital for Women

. GUADALAJARA, JALISCO (29/JULIO/2014) - The City of Guadalajara takes the word to the owner of Jalisco Health Secretariat (SJS), Agustín Jaime González Álvarez; who requested the donation of the land occupied by Mario Rivas Souza Cruz Verde. The Guadalajara Mayor Ramiro Hernandez Garcia, says ready to heed the call of the state agency, as long as a new property is restored in the area, to build another Cruz Verde not leave without service to the citizens of the north of the city.

"We always think in terms of what serves the city. In this case we have no objection (to donate the property), which would have to look for is how the Green Cross relocated from this area of the city," said Mayor once completed the metropolitan board of mayors held in the Administrative Center Tlajomulco de Zuñiga.

On Monday the head of the SSJ estimated with complete donation of space, the unit could expand and thereby increase attention, as demand has grown in recent years.

"We want to grow it in a dignified manner, where they can promptly address the needs, to me touched me the opportunity to be here 10 years ago, and started with something very simple, but today's needs do you have to manage a expansion, "said the state official (tHE REPORT 28 JULY 2014).

However, the Guadalajara mayor has already denied that a formal application. Even if the procedure is done, ask what is a place to relocate the offices that are used primarily for emergency and primary services. "I do not think we have any problem, on the contrary, will take advantage of this kind of opportunity to expand my services."

Hernández García said no priority of his administration will conclude with the proposed reform of the Municipal Utility, as no resources nor the time to change the municipal agency. It remains only to establish communication with the SSJ to realize short-term projects, such as the aforementioned possible donation.

"So far we have breakthrough, but when there is no will and choice, you can move very fast," he said."

http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2014/540828/6/guadalajara-dispuesta-a-donar-cruz-verde.htm

So apart from the older and "newer" Hospital Civil in Guad . Where have SP built a new hospital that can do surgery etc. I do not mean clinics which are just pill pushers?

I guess the money must be coming from some sort of taxes which "we" are paying for

The Secretaria de Salud [ Seguro Popular ] in Jalisco is very active and is constructing more facilities as the news reports. They also contract with other hospitals and clinics as of now to cover the load while updating the older hospitals and clinics with modern equipment. Notice their well equiped newer ambulances? Their large buses that do mamograms and vacinations on site around the state?

Archived