Chapala.com Webboard

Driving north...stopping at Saltillo for the night

stuphel

We have to leave Tuesday for Laredo, and must stop at Saltillo (2 dogs in car), so we have two route options: cuotas through Aguascalientes, through Zacatecas and up 54, or the libre north of Guad straight up to Saltillo. We've done the cuota route before and found it fine, but are concerned about the Aguascalientes route going near San Juan de Lagos mid Easter week and the pilgrims. Don't want to be slowed down too much. Is the libre route a better option this time of year?

Any advice?

I have done the libre route. The first few hours are two lane mountain roads, windy but OK. This might slow you down if there is a lot of traffic. The roads were as good as the cuota and it was the fastest time to Laredo I have done.

I am not sure about Semana Santa however. It might be wise to plan on it taking two days. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have specific current driving directions to laredo, specifically with the new cuota around Lagos de Moreno? I have garmin and guia roja but, they are not that current. We are stopping at Saltillo, people mention the new cuota around aguascalientes, would appreciate those directions, too, if anyone has them, so we can make a decision which route to take. I have, of course done a search but pre new cutoas directions come up.

many thanks

Paula

Archived