Chapala.com Webboard

Propane gas cylinder exchange

Starlady

You don't say where you are located and that will make a difference...also, the size of the tank would have been helpful.

You can get it refilled at Z-Gas which is located on the carretera opposite Bugambilias Plaza (Salvador's/El Torito/Farmacia Cristina) in Ajijic.

A normal 20# BBQ tank is 125 pesos to refill.

If it's one of the tall cylinders, I believe they could also refill it but it would be heavy. I do not know who to call to replace it.

Or there's also the place on the outskirts of Chapala but it's been a while since I've been there.

We called Juan our gas guy and he came to the house and filled our empty tank for $117p.

333-971-0630

Hensley--Would this man come to our house in Villa Nova to refill? We just ran out and cannot go get a refill ourselves.

Lexy

Hensley--Juan came today (a Las Arcos gas truck) and filled our heater cylinder. The charge was 150 p. That's higher than the 117p he charges you--but I'm not complaining. Just informing others what the price might be. We're super grateful to have a bit of heat in the house in this miserable weather.

Lexy

My tank is from the US so maybe it is slightly different.

Could be. For me his 150 p price was fair. Getting a refill at the Ajijic station was 125 p, and we had to get the cylinder there and back and it was heavy to carry in and put it back in place. So Juan is a great service. And he did not want a tip.

Lexy

U.S. tanks are completely different than Mexican tanks.To fill a US tank an adapter has to be used. U.S. tanks have overfill protection valve (triangle handle) while Mexican tanks have round handle and NO overfill protection so tell them if your tank is not completely empty so they don't overfill it. Remember you can plumb up your gas heater or BBQ to your large house propane tanks and avoid running out and dealing with the little tanks. I love

my BBQ hooked up to the large tank and plan to add a gas tap from big tank so I can run one of my heaters without a small tank.

Archived