Chapala.com Webboard

Blue Bell Ice Cream

Wookie

They sure are there! I get my ice cream fix there on a regular basis. Lake side of the carretera, next to the bagel shop. And yes, they own the Italian restaurant in the Japanese Garden, which is getting good reviews too.

I'm glad someone else has noticed!! There isn't even a sign saying they are on vacation or what. Only a sign that has been there for a while advertising their new Italian restaurant on the west side of Ajijic near the Japanese nursery. We are going to drive out there when we get a chance and see if they are selling ice cream from there.

This ice cream place keeps very erratic hours, always has. You just have to catch them when they're there. That's easy for us, as we live nearby and drive past all the time. Great ice cream though.

Lexy

Well, since we live near the Blue Bell ice cream place, we knew when they were closed so much with no sign telling what the deal was that something was different. We finally stopped by the new Italian restaurant in West Ajijic in front of the Japanese Gardens and asked the owners (also owned the ice cream place) what had happened. The sold Manhatten Ice Cream to Francisco of Pranzo's Italian Restaurant the ice cream business. Apparently, Francisco is moving it next the Pranzo's Restaurant and will be opening in the near future. We don't know if he will be selling 1/2 gallons or not but sure hope so.

That's too bad. We "Westies" loved having Blue Bell over on this side of town without the hassle of parking near Pranzo's. We knew that there was allegedly a new ice cream place coming there, but didn't realize we'd lose our beloved little ice cream store. They better sell the 1/2 gallons when Pranzo's re-opens it. :unsure:

Luke is right on...just had a great Italian meal at the new place and spoke with the Italian owner and

his Mexican wife at length including re Blue Bell. They had a 300 seat 35 employee Italian restaurant

in Guad and are happy to be here now.....not doing heavy advertising because, for example, today from

1-4PM their tables were full.....

That's too bad. We "Westies" loved having Blue Bell over on this side of town without the hassle of parking near Pranzo's. We knew that there was allegedly a new ice cream place coming there, but didn't realize we'd lose our beloved little ice cream store. They better sell the 1/2 gallons when Pranzo's re-opens it. :unsure:

Hassle of parking near Pranzo's? The parking is much much easier there, than it is by the bagel place!

Hassle of parking near Pranzo's? The parking is much much easier there, than it is by the bagel place!

OK, I'm wrong about that. It will be easier to park there. I wonder what their hours will be, and open/close days. Never know when I'll have an ice cream Jones.

I think all those stores along with BB have differcult parking , nose in and then have to back out on to highway, ugh..plenty of "normal" parking at Pranzo's

Archived