Chapala.com Webboard

Getting Suspension Checked

Mad_Max

Looking for recommendations ajijic/chapala to have suspension checked - Nissan 2001

"Car City" in Riberas on the north side of the carretera. Had struts/shocks done as well as some other things like bushings, tie rod ends. They were knowledgeable and I think the price was fair. 2007 Toyota RAV4. English spoken.

"Car City" in Riberas on the north side of the carretera. Had struts/shocks done as well as some other things like bushings, tie rod ends. They were knowledgeable and I think the price was fair. 2007 Toyota RAV4. English spoken.

Car City is very, very expensive. I've been to every mechanic at Lakeside. Pablo in West Ajijic is the best. Call him and make an appointment. His phone is 766 4347. He speaks perfect English and is the cheapest around.

He is cheaper than Roberto next to Tony's restaurant. I used to use him, but Pablo is more knowledgeable. There is Escalera and Francisco Automotriz in Riberas, but they are significantly higher priced.

What is Pablo's location? Does he have a shop I can find? He's not answering his phone today.

That's been oour experience with Pablo - no answers to calls either to his land line or cell phone and no response to messages left on his cell phone. We eventually gave up on his services, although we like him.

What is Pablo's location? Does he have a shop I can find? He's not answering his phone today.

He's located in West Ajijic on the right just before Arroyo Alto, before you get to the Pemex station. Sometimes he's not open. I leave messages on his machine. He's slower than others, but his work and prices are definitely better. He goes to school in GDL on Sat afternoon to learn all the new stuff on cars.

I would recommend that you search this web board's data base for other posts about Car City. I recall that there were some very negative experiences reported about their practices in the past. Check it out before taking this advice would be my advice.

Archived