Chapala.com Webboard

Prices

Ericanuck

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

I buy Aladino peanut butter which is Mexican. Found it long before Skippy and other NOB brands ever showed up here. Available in both smooth and crunchy.

Is this the same Aladino? I have never tried it but I can only see the label WallyWorld provides and I see it says "Importado" and "Hecho en E.U.A." and then there is the emblem "Quality USA..."

https://super.walmart.com.mx/ip/crema-de-cacahuate-aladino-cremosa-425-g/00750222377613

Nice catch! At first I thought that perhaps it was just the peanuts that were imported but finally was able to download a pdf file which stated "Peanut butter is no longer commercially produced in Mexico. The “Aladino” brand, which used to be manufactured in Mexico by Mafer, is now made under private label by Tara Foods in Georgia. Thus, virtually all peanut butter consumed in Mexico is imported." That article is dated 2000. Then I found this dated 2023 https://www-achfoods-mx.translate.goog/marcas/aladino/?_x_tr_sl=es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

So now I'm confused as hell as to who makes it or where it comes from. Ni modo, it's great peanut butter and more reasonably priced than many of the others. YMMV.

• Thanks 1

The brand name is of no concern to ME, I only buy (and eat) 'natural PB', one that is made only with peanuts and salt. Costco has a Kirkland brand (hecho en E.U.A.) and there are a few others in the 'specialty' stores. The oil separates to the top, but when I open it, it gets stirred up and thrown in the fridge, never separates again. And the bonus is if you change brands, it tastes the same... like peanuts... cuz of no extra additives!

I personally cannot stand the sugars and extra oils (mostly hydrogenated to keep it from separating) they throw in, will never eat that again.

I encourage y'all to try the natural stuff... it tastes like real peanuts... of course.