Chapala.com Webboard

Police Presence

Floradude

It appears that all of the surveillance cameras were taken down.  The suspect is the cartel.  There were 7 police at the Walmart intersection when I went through a short while ago (11:45).  There are two polls down that I know of.  One on the carretera at La Florest at the statue and one at Revolucion and the carretera.   Whatever, we should probably be careful.  The original information came to me by a Mexican friend.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Floradude said:

It appears that all of the surveillance cameras were taken down.  The suspect is the cartel.  There were 7 police at the Walmart intersection when I went through a short while ago (11:45).  There are two polls down that I know of.  One on the carretera at La Florest at the statue and one at Revolucion and the carretera.   Whatever, we should probably be careful.  The original information came to me by a Mexican friend.

Lots of them down. One in front of Mirasol was pulled down and is blocking the entrance.

5 minutes ago, artsnob said:

The one on Ajijic plaza is still standing, maybe they will get it tonight...

They don't care about that one  it is not on the highway. 

The new system can read license plates and "follow" a suspect vehicle that is in the system. Great video a couple of days ago where the system in Mexico City read a plate, alerted he people in the center, followed the vehicle as it passed other cameras and sent a patrol car to aprehend. 

• Thanks 9