Chapala.com Webboard

Rather astounding Handy Mail Price Increase

Mainecoons

Estafeta USA was our go to service for packages. They ship only by ground and never once in 10 years of living in PV did we pay any taxes or import fees. We had them aggregate orders before sending all in one large box. Super helpful people. Google them.

10 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Estafeta USA was our go to service for packages. They ship only by ground and never once in 10 years of living in PV did we pay any taxes or import fees. We had them aggregate orders before sending all in one large box. Super helpful people. Google them.

Would that be Merkalink?

https://www.merkalink.com/index.aspx

9 minutes ago, ibarra said:

We have been discussing deliveries to Laredo, TX or lakeside via Amazon.com.  Amazon does not use Estafeta.  They use their own delivery service and sometimes use DHL to deliver lakeside.  

the topic was handymail (Rather astounding Handy Mail Price Increase) and handymail does not accept deliveries from any amazon at its laredo address - unless a magazine or newspaper

I notice in this topic some posts mention amazon without clarifying whether they are referencing amazon.com.mx or amazon.com.  It does make a difference.  and even the use of amazon.com can be confusing.  I think Iberra meant Amazon.com mx does not use estafeta as Amazon.com.mx
AND  as amazon.com.mx has marketplace sellers - just like the US - who have the option of shipping however they like - which means yes, if you order something from amazon.com.mx and it is not an amazon prime product, then the seller might choose to ship it via estafeta. 

As a side note, I have even received an order from Amazon.com (non prime)  that shipped to my mexican home address via us and mexican mail.

So it would be helpful if posters clarified which amazon they are referring to - Amazon.com or Amazon.com.mx

And if they are posting about amazon prime shipments which i think is that most posters are referring to  - as the marketplace sellers with their own shipping methods can ship anyway they want, it would be helpful to the readers to know if the poster is referring to prime shipments as there is a difference as to how the product can be shpped.

Color me a former Amazon marketplace seller for about 8 years in the US.  I did stock some products at an amazon warehouse so they could ship amazon prime - and sometimes I didn't - and instead shipped direct no prime.

• Like 4

On 11/25/2023 at 9:29 AM, Mostlylost said:

Would that be Merkalink?

No idea, we always dealt with a very nice lady in Houston who we could call and tell her what we wanted to do. She works for Estafeta USA. She would usually advise us to have the stuff sent to her office and she would check/repack, whatever and send it on the once a week free truck to Laredo. From there it crossed via land and transferred to Estafeta Mx. for ultimate delivery. EZPZ

2 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

No idea, we always dealt with a very nice lady in Houston who we could call and tell her what we wanted to do. She works for Estafeta USA. She would usually advise us to have the stuff sent to her office and she would check/repack, whatever and send it on the once a week free truck to Laredo. From there it crossed via land and transferred to Estafeta Mx. for ultimate delivery. EZPZ

Merkalink is owned by Estafeta and is totally handled by the website. Very easy and you have an address that is yours that automatically triggers your arrivals at their office in Laredo

I used Etafeta's Houston location for years with 98% satifaction.  As mentioned above, they will receive and forward immediately, or hold multiple packages to combine (if desired).

My last contact info for Houston, info may not be current:

Houston Office contact:
Mariana Tejeda
713 777 6206 (direct)
1 866 518 6600  (General)
Mariana.tejeda@estafetausa.com

www.estafeta.com

After introducing yourself, you may send boxes to:
Estafeta Usa
Marianna Tejeda / (your name)
5802 bob bullock loop unit c1
Laredo Tx 78041

You can also skip the Houston office (packages received in Houston are prepared and then travel on to/through a Laredo office) and send directly to the Laredo location, where you may find different pricing.  If you know in advance the dimentions, weight and purchase price you can call either/both locations for an estimate.

Estafeta Laredo
5802 Bob Bullock Loop # C1
Laredo, TX, 78041-8813
956 717 3435

And, if you're shopping eBay, there's a variation called estafetamembers (eBay items only).  You set up and account on line, receive a "box" number unique to you, and then send your eBay purchases there.  eBay purchases cannot be combined.  You'll receive an email from estafetamembers when they receive a package for you. If there's no purchase/price/invoice info inside you'll be required to send them a copy.  There are a few steps involved (via email) to finally get your package on it's way here, but for smaller and lower priced items it may be the least-cost option.

www.estafetamembers.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LarryA said:

I used Etafeta's Houston location for years with 98% satifaction.  As mentioned above, they will receive and forward immediately, or hold multiple packages to combine (if desired).

Houston Office contact:
Mariana Tejeda
713 777 6206 (direct)

www.estafeta.com

Estafeta Usa
Laredo Tx 78041

You can also skip the Houston office (packages received in Houston are prepared and then travel on to/through a Laredo office) and send directly to the Laredo location, where you may find different pricing.  If you know in advance the dimentions, weight and purchase price you can call either/both locations for an estimate.

Estafeta Laredo
Laredo, TX, 78041-8813
956 717 3435

And, if you're shopping eBay, there's a variation called estafetamembers (eBay items only).  You set up and account on line, receive a "box" number unique to you, and then send your eBay purchases there.  eBay purchases cannot be combined.  You'll receive an email from estafetamembers when they receive a package for you. If there's no purchase/price/invoice info inside you'll be required to send them a copy.  There are a few steps involved (via email) to finally get your package on it's way here, but for smaller and lower priced items it may be the least-cost option.

www.estafetamembers.com

If you use Merkalink Estafta's Laredo they will give you an address free.

9 hours ago, LarryA said:

Houston Office contact:
Mariana Tejeda
713 777 6206 (direct)

www.estafeta.com

Estafeta Usa
Laredo Tx 78041

Estafeta Laredo
Laredo, TX, 78041-8813
956 717 3435

www.estafetamembers.com

Yes, Mariana is the very nice lady we dealt with. Mexican/American who inherited a home in Mexico and she goes there to work on the rehab from time to time and understands the "ways of Mexico". A primary reason we used her was because we had a mail forwarding service in Houston, US Global Mail, that all of our packages were delivered to. They held anything until we were ready for an Estafeta shipment. They then consolidated and sent to Mariana who sent it on the next free truck to Laredo, which was, at that time, once a week. How they avoid any import duty is one of those "Don't ask" questions. We frequently had merchandise easily in excess of the free allotment, prescriptions and lots of things Amazon would not ship to Mexico included and never paid a dime in import tax. Crossing via land seemed to make a big difference. 

Edit to say that based on Mostlylost's post that Estafeta has broadened their service to now enable you to ship directly to laredo via an address they will give you. Wonder if they will hold and consolidate or do they just ship each package as received?

17 minutes ago, Mad_Max said:

Do you use their service?  Infrequently or frequently - and how are add on prices?

Have been using them for over 15 years. Largest imports were gas fireplace log systems. Check their website (available in English)  

Individual shipments, and also they will hold and consolidate. 

• Like 1

RE:  Merkalink.    My interest is in the delivery of correspondence.  Once a week to my house.  No packages.   No magazines.   Just basic mail.

Is anyone doing this?   It seems it would be more cost-effective than the costs of using local services.   Having to drive/park to pick up mail takes time, finding a parking spot.

Registered for an account at Merkalink.   When it comes to "correspondence" (mail) you can adjust how frequent you want delievery.

Thanks for feedback.

• Like 1