Chapala.com Webboard

New university

Hi Ibarra.  I just found a recent article January 23 stating that evidently there is a temporary building and already 55 students enrolled. Looks like they are beginning to build the permanent structures.  The guy that donated all the 20 hectares wants to develop the land around it.  Then I guess the cost of our land is going up???

1 hour ago, Shag said:

Hi Ibarra.  I just found a recent article January 23 stating that evidently there is a temporary building and already 55 students enrolled. Looks like they are beginning to build the permanent structures.  The guy that donated all the 20 hectares wants to develop the land around it.  Then I guess the cost of our land is going up???

Yes, I saw that article too.   FYI  They have cleared out trees and shrubs as far as we can see in the proposed area on the mountain behind Brisas de Chapala, recently.  There were surveyors there yesterday.  There is a large cement structure way back up in the mountain a little that isn't completed yet.  Hardly any construction traffic going to this location, just an occasional truck.  We assume that is the University location.  It is interesting to note that this building, when started, collapsed twice and they had to start all over.   You wouldn't catch me inside of it...ever!

32 minutes ago, elevator said:

Thanks. Used to be a guard there all the time.

That wasn't a guard supplied by Brisas but one Del Toro Group hired. Guard or no guard, it doesn't matter. Our roads are not private, therefore, no one can be denied entry.  This is discussed annually at our AGM.

You can see everything from upper part of main road.  For lower part of Los Tigres road and where they have cleared, turn onto first street after the guards, Brisas, then turn left onto Brisas Norte.  Where the 3 vacant lots are on the right, just barely up the street, you can see where they have cleared trees and shrubs.  The road to Los Tigres and the rancher has been there since we moved to Brisas 17 years ago.  They clear the road every year after rainy season but this year, they cleared trees and shrubs.    FYI You can ask at the Office to go through the gate.  There are circumstances involved with the chain and lock that I do not want to provide on this forum.

14 hours ago, elevator said:

Well there is a chain with a padlock now. I went by there about 4:00. Evidently somebody didn't get the memo.