Chapala.com Webboard

Looking To Hire IT Person........

I'm looking to hire a IT person or someone knowledgeable with HP computers and printers to help my granddaughter.  We gifted her a new HP Envy from the U.S. and bought her a new HP printer at Soriana and need someone to mate the two, and possibly an additional HP printer that is 4 years old that she could never get to work for lack of knowledge about needing to download the correct drivers, etc.  She thought she could just plug it in and it would work with her old computer. 

Person must also have a basic command of Spanish as my granddaughter does not speak or understand English and be willing to drive to Joco for the session.  Need to know what hourly wage is charged as well.

Any recommendations on such a person?  Is Computer Guy still around?

Thank you for your help!

pedro

8 hours ago, pedro malo said:

need someone to mate the two, and possibly an additional HP printer

For a recent Windows PC, there is a free HP Smart app in the Microsoft store that should do the job, and should be multilingual.

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/hp-smart/9WZDNCRFHWLH

LQ

3 hours ago, ibarra said:

No, deceased.

I'm so sorry to hear that!  Always afraid to ask that question here given that most of us are on the back end of life here.  He was a great contributor to this forum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Dalziel said:

The IT Lake Chapala Facebook Group maintains a list of local IT service providers.  They use the Dropbox file hosting service to share the list with the community:

Resource Guide
Updated 8/17/2023
https://tinyurl.com/ITLC-guide

Thank you Brian.  This guide has been the most helpful so far.  I've sent Samuel Kovac an email to see if he can help us and am awaiting a response.

Thank you so much for your help!

pm

1 hour ago, Lou Quillio said:

For a recent Windows PC, there is a free HP Smart app in the Microsoft store that should do the job, and should be multilingual.

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/hp-smart/9WZDNCRFHWLH

LQ

Thank you Lou.  Both granddaughter and I are computer challenged so the link might as well be in Latin.  Need someone to help us decipher this and tutor granddaughter. 

Thank you for your help and reply!

51 minutes ago, pedro malo said:

Need someone to help us decipher this

Windows includes an application called the "Microsoft Store." This "store" lets you install many applications ("apps," or computer programs). Many of them are free.

This is the same idea as with a smart phone's app store. Do you need an app you don't yet have? Look in the store.

The HP Smart app is free.

So, on the laptop, start the Microsoft Store app. Then, search the store for "HP Smart" (or just "HP"). Install the app. Run it.

The HP App will search her home network and any attached devices for HP printers or other gear that is powered on, and automatically set them up with the laptop (drivers, etc.).

LQ

ps. For future reference, it makes no difference that the printer and laptop are both HP. Most people buying HP printers do not use HP computers.

Benjamin Zuńiga owner of Compucel.  Near the Farmacias Similares about a couple of doors East of the corner of Vicente Guerrero and Independencia in Jocotepec.  Tri-lingual.  He is there usually 10-4 then 6-8 lunes a sabados.  Sometimes also open Sundays.  Honest and trusted.  Not sure about house calls, but you can ask.  

On 8/18/2023 at 7:23 AM, Brian Dalziel said:

The IT Lake Chapala Facebook Group maintains a list of local IT service providers.  They use the Dropbox file hosting service to share the list with the community:

Resource Guide
Updated 8/17/2023
https://tinyurl.com/ITLC-guide

Thank you again Brian!  Samuel Kovac from the guide you sent responded and will be able to help my granddaughter.  Also, thank you Lou for the great leads and tips which I wish I had been computer savvy enough to follow myself but sadly unable to!  And the rest of the posters here who offered helpful advice and gave of their time.  As always, I'm very grateful!