Chapala.com Webboard

Autistic Mexican teen needs piano OR electronic keyboard

My housekeeper's younger son (14) was recently diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and clinicians have found he has a real affinity and ability on a keyboard. This Mexican family (San Antonio) are in a steep learning curve about how to deal with this boy (never knew to ask someone about his difficult behaviours before now) and certainly are not able to provide such a luxury.

Anyone out there who could donate one, or perhaps at least an electronic keyboard?  PM me and I can be go-between OR can put you directly in touch with Mom (some English).  GRACIAS!!!!!

Ever seen Kodi Lee, Natasha? 

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tVP1zc0TMuzLCvMKzE2YPSSzc5PyVTISU1VSMxNLcpMTlQvVkjPL1EoScxJzSsBAFlQD3s&q=kodi+lee+america's+got+talent&oq=kodi++lee+America&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j46i512j0i512l5j46i512.13294j0j7&client=ms-android-americamovil-mx-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:1e1afbaf,vid:DAPkOxRnh4c,st:0

Of course, he's on a different part of the autism spectrum from Asperger's, but I hope the family can find someone or get info and education on Aspergers. My granddaughter, who is now 17, has ADHD. She didn't get diagnosed until she was about 11 or 12. Everyone just thought she was badly behaved, including my daughter and son-in-law, who have had a very difficult time with her. 

Finding out what the actual issue underlying her behavior is, was a real breakthrough. She still has those difficult behaviors, and really hard to be around sometimes, and always will be, but knowing that it's her brain chemistry, rather than just that she's really hard to be around sometimes, and her getting counselling for ADHD and learning skills for dealing with it is important for these people and their families who are what is now referred to as neuro-divergent.

I know a few people with Aspergers. They are usually really bright and many tend to gravitate towards working in tech, as it's something they can do on their own, rather than jobs where they have to socially interact, which they aren't good at. Music would be great- hope you come up with a piano for him. 

• Natasha changed the title to Autistic Mexican teen needs piano OR electronic keyboard

This kid is also extremely bright but not at all socialized  tho' he and parents are working with psychologists now. Really just a keyboard would be a HUGE thing. No people out there with musical connections who might know someone who could spare an old one? 🙏

GRACIAS to the TWO kind members who offered to donate.   One is being delivered this weekend......    what a fabulous surprise for this family in their time of great  confusion in coming to terms with their circumstances.

Yes there ARE good people out there!!!!!

• Like 11

11 hours ago, Natasha said:

GRACIAS to the TWO kind members who offered to donate.   One is being delivered this weekend......    what a fabulous surprise for this family in their time of great  confusion in coming to terms with their circumstances.

Yes there ARE good people out there!!!!!

Yes, there are good people out there, just like you Natasha  to bring this topic to the board.  We expats are surrounded by those in need, they are not invisible.  Thank you.

• Like 2