Chapala.com Webboard

I would appreciate any input on local auto repair shops that do routine brake work. Which shops are the best and most reliable based on your experience? Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

I have used Roberto at Hernandez next to Tony's and Superlake for 9 years. He has always been honest and straight forward on what needs or doesn't need to be done on our cars. We just had new brake pads put on yesterday. Great job and when I dropped my car off he drove me home. He is also a great source for a non bias opinion on buying used cars since he does so much servicing and knows which cars have problems and/or high cost for repairs. He has steered me away from several cars that I was looking to buy.

Servicio Automotriz San Luis is on San Luis one street south of the carretera (toward the lake). Speak to Jovan Flores who is the general mechanic. He speaks excellent English. His father is a expert transmission rebuilder with many years of experience but speaks no English. This shop does very good mechanical work in general and their transmission rebuilding is expert and excellent. They are reasonably priced and reliable. They are recommended and referred to by Ron Young, the only certified master mechanic in all of Lakeside.

The shop is located at San Luis #29 just about in back of Mom's Restaurant. Huge white doors. If you arrive there after 10:30am, the doors will be open and you will see an array of cars inside and outside the shop. 765-7301

Reason I ask about Car City is I took my car to them for brake issues....and, they had numerous issues getting it right.

And, once again i'm hearing metaliic screeching, after i had both front and rear pads replaced and a full inspection. I even had to get into the car with the mechanic and point out the noise to him as he couldn't figure it out himself unless I was driving the car for him.

I won't be returning.

Archived