Chapala.com Webboard

Automobile Insurance locally

Tomas

Recommendations based on service, price and coverage..I know some of you have done the homework and may have used your policy..Looking to insure a Mexican plated 2005 Nissan Tsuru. No US travel and we are here 3-4 months/year. TIA

It would appear that Bellon and S&S are the vote getters. I will request quotes from both for comparison purposes. The rubber meets the road when and if you ever have to avail yourself of their services due to an auto accident..Probably most important is a local representative who can intercede if the need arises..Any experiences out there???

Any agent that quotes you an insurance package from the same company (Qualitas in the above example) should be identical in price. The policy prices are set by the insurance company, not the agent. If the prices are different - something is amuck. Make sure you are comparing oranges to oranges and that there are not coverage differences. Agents differentiate themselves based on customer service.

I had a printout from both places. The policy was from the same company & was identical. I used Bellon for my health insurance because with them, the same policy i had from another agent with the same company (Metlife) was about $300.00 cheaper. A friend very experienced in insurance went over both.

Qualitas has an adjuster here at lakeside that speaks English, most of the others have to come from Guadalajara and they don't speak English and you have to wait for hours in your location for them.

Archived