Chapala.com Webboard

Mud(slides) on the Carretera in San Antonia

I've noticed that at least 2-3 times in the past week or so there have been crews clearing mud from the carretera near Super Lake in San Antonio. While I recall similar situations occasionally at the same place in years past after very heavy rains, the mud seems more frequent and more severe this year. Is there anything special going on that might be causing more mud (or is it simply my imagination)?

First heavy rains of the year wash out the service road by El Dorado and bring down all kind of rocks and mud, I have passed by there a few times .

Nothing special going on, at least everything looks the same.

They did spend a ton of money there a few years ago after a slide that flooded businesses in the area, but it is a very tricky and difficult situation as far as the land goes.

Newcomers here may not know that many of the streets running downhill towards the lake were originally arroyos, and it was expected every year to see this happen. But as the villages grew, the need for roads took over. I'm not sure the engineering skills were completely up to the task at hand in the beginning.

They did spend a ton of money there a few years ago after a slide that flooded businesses in the area, but it is a very tricky and difficult situation as far as the land goes.

Newcomers here may not know that many of the streets running downhill towards the lake were originally arroyos, and it was expected every year to see this happen. But as the villages grew, the need for roads took over. I'm not sure the engineering skills were completely up to the task at hand in the beginning.

That is why some of the curb steps are 12inchs deep, or more to stop the water coming in their front doors

Which raises another interesting point, because of the addition of wheelchair access on some streets in Ajijic, where we have high sidewalks to prevent flooding, which may prove problematic. I am all for wheelchair access; just not sure how it's working out in heavy rains.

Which raises another interesting point, because of the addition of wheelchair access on some streets in Ajijic, where we have high sidewalks to prevent flooding, which may prove problematic. I am all for wheelchair access; just not sure how it's working out in heavy rains.

Most of the side walks are too narrow for a wheelchair ...nice idea but most of the access places are not usable, get an A for effort

Archived