Chapala.com Webboard

Perry's Fish & Chips

ritchie

We just had a wonderful hamburger (best lakeside) there today.

Also had a sample of his chili and it was outstanding.

We are going back next week for Fish N Chips (hear they are the best Lakeside).

M-Sat 12N-7pm closed Sunday

#82B Guadalupe Victoria.

just barely west of Aldama

j&j

• 2 weeks later...

Had lunch at Perry's yesterday. I had the fish & chips with coleslaw and hubby had the chili. Everything was delicious and fresh. The fries are the best I have ever had anywhere. Perry does them right, he uses russet potatoes, soaks the fries in cold water first, blanches them & cools them before they are fried. I have never gone anywhere just for the fries, but I think my craving for Perry's will get the better of me! He has only been here 2 months. Please give this place a try so he stays.

We went yesterday evening. It was cold but we knew that. The burger was a bit small but nicely seasoned. Fries were just regular fries, even asking for them to be extra crispy didn't result in even crispy. The fish was good and the onion rings were fab. Since its walkable it will become a lunch place for the husband.

During that rainy weather, I picked up a couple of bowls of clam chowder and a couple of bowls of the chili to go. Heated them up at home over the next couple of days. I thought the chowder was pretty good, and I thought the chili was very good, though I personally prefer mine spicier than his (but understand that wouldn't work for a restaurant). That I liked the chili as much as I did surprised me because I make the world's best at home....just haven't had time yet to make a giant cauldron.

During that rainy weather, I picked up a couple of bowls of clam chowder and a couple of bowls of the chili to go. Heated them up at home over the next couple of days. I thought the chowder was pretty good, and I thought the chili was very good, though I personally prefer mine spicier than his (but understand that wouldn't work for a restaurant). That I liked the chili as much as I did surprised me because I make the world's best at home....just haven't had time yet to make a giant cauldron.

Maybe someone should tell Jeffrey at Cafe Magaña's that. ;-) I can handle the high-octane heat of Magaña's chili, but I can also see how some would not. It is not for the faint of heart, and he does provide ample warning in the menu.

We make our chili at home mild b/c the wife doesn't like much heat, and then I can add as much fire to my serving as I want. I think that's the way to go. L-O-V-E Perry's chili!!

Yesterday my friend had I enjoyed Fish & Onion rings (with vinegar) Excellent. Next time we will be trying his hamburger. Nice owner and well worth trying.. Thanks for your suggestion.

• 1 month later...

Well I guess I am in the minority here, but I had the fish and onion rings at Perry's last week and I didn't like it at all. The coating was thick and too greasy for me with just a small piece of fish on the inside...and the onions were tiny once you removed the coating...I guess I just don't like fried anything. The 85 pesos is more than what I pay for a nice big piece of grilled fish with rice and a salad in Chapala at Jose's.

I agree.

Ate another most excellent bowl of chili at Perry's today for lunch.

I also made notes on some upcoming SPECIAL EVENTS that Perry has posters up for and that sound VERY interesting. Something new from Perry! :D

Coming up next week on the 26th of Feb, [update] starting at 1 pm he will offer up foot-long, genuine German brats with kraut, on a special roll. That is $110 pesos per person and ressies are required. Got mine in right away.

And then on St. Patty's Day, March 17th, starting at 4 pm for all of you fellow Irish people down here, Perry will be serving Rick's "Famous" Corned Beef with cabbage of course, along with taters and carrots, for only 165 pesos per person. Again, the poster says reservations are required. Maybe I'll see you there. I'll be the one wearing green. ;)

The number to make reservations is 376-766-2841. ¡Provecho!

Just got back from eating the foot-long brats on special tonight at Perry's. ZOMG are they good!! Tender and tasty, topped with authentic German kraut, and served on a very tasty bun. Ressies are required for tonight, but they told me that they will be serving these again on the 28th, and then until the brats are gone. I'm going to go back for another dose while they are available. It's hard to find something this authentic and uniquely different at Lakeside. Hopefully Perry will serve them up again in the months to come.

Well done Perry!

To check on when the brats are available call Josh or Perry at 376-766-2841

Archived