Chapala.com Webboard

Cost of angiogram and stints

I had an angiogram 4 years ago performed by Dr. Garcia Garcia and the total cost including the hospital was 5,600 dollars. I've got a friend in the states that needs an angiogram and wondering if anyone has had an angiogram recently and what the price is? Also price of stints

I had an angiogram 4 years ago performed by Dr. Garcia Garcia and the total cost including the hospital was 5,600 dollars. I've got a friend in the states that needs an angiogram and wondering if anyone has had an angiogram recently and what the price is? Also price of stints

Stent not stint.

Last time I checked with Dr. Garcia which was about a year ago, he quoted a price of 10,000 US for an angiogram and one stent. I've heard others who were quoted by different cardiologist at 8,000 US.

I would also have your friend check with Dr. Brisena at Integrity Clinic for a price. Cost of an office visit with him is 600 pesos. 10,000 US seems a bit high since a friend just had gallbladder surgery with a team of surgeons in a Guadalajara hospital plus for $3,700US. He doesn't have insurance so I'm sure they gave him a special price.

I would also have your friend check with Dr. Brisena at Integrity Clinic for a price. Cost of an office visit with him is 600 pesos. 10,000 US seems a bit high since a friend just had gallbladder surgery with a team of surgeons in a Guadalajara hospital plus for $3,700US. He doesn't have insurance so I'm sure they gave him a special price.

I thought I had been quoted a high price for gallbladder surgery at $24,000 pesos, about $1800 USD. I don't think that price was too special since I've heard of others recently who have had gallbladder surgery for less than what I was quoted. Maybe the special price your friend got was the higher Gringo price.

As your friend problem seems not be an emergency and you have time "shop"

Why not consider contacting the above mentioned Doctors, get their fee and then the options for hospitals they have privileges at

We all would be interested in hearing the results and the up to date fees etc..Good Luck

If you friend in in the US why is he wanting the proceedure to be done in Mexico. Better care or cheaper price. If he is broke there are welfare hospitals that will take care of him there.

If you friend in in the US why is he wanting the proceedure to be done in Mexico. Better care or cheaper price. If he is broke there are welfare hospitals that will take care of him there.

True if he doesn't have private insurance, Medicare or Medicaid, almost all states have county hospitals for low income, indigent and for those who don't have the cash.

I'd also check here:

The Surgery Center of Oklahoma. This is a surgical facility that performs all sorts of common procedures. But it's very different than all the other medical centers in your neighborhood.

See, it only accepts payment in one way: Cash.

They seem to be a bit higher than MX prices but the travel difference may make up for it.

I had a heart attack, an angioplasty and 4-5 days in the hospital 4 years ago, no stents. Price for everything was $6400US but the peso was around 10 at the time.

Possibly my friend payed too much for the gallbladder surgery. I understand it was an emergency so he didn't have time to shop. I know someone who paid 25,000 pesos over 5 years ago so i didn't suspect that the price was too high.

An emergency is different. One doesn't have time to negotiate the price. I know someone who 10 years ago had gallbladder surgery, 4 days in an excellent hospital (I think Puerto de Hierro) and it cost her $3000 pesos, yes, that's right, $3000. I wish I could get that deal. She had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy, one or two small incisions and felt great in about a week. The trick is having the doctor negotiate the price with the hospital and having a doctor who doesn't want to charge a lot, at least with you.

I do not think Puerto de Hierro was open then..???

As I wrote, I think that was it, or a hospital similar to it, or maybe it wasn't a full 10 years ago or maybe she lied about the hospital. Is that exact enough because whether it was open 10 years ago is very important.

At a recent (2 months ago?) Century 21 presentation , a guest speaker from PdeH left a price schedule for various medical procedures.

On checking, I see Angloplasty is $4,700.00usd

Heart Bypass $20,000.00usd

Many years ago Dr Ramon Garcia Garcia did some surgery on me and the cost of stents were 4,000pesos each, I forget the total cost

• 8 months later...

The prices sound cheap to what my partner was charged at Puerta de Hierro, a 2night stay with anigplastic and stent in January added up to 38,000$, 3 months later he is still not feeling better.

I second the suggestion of contacting Dr. Hector Briseno at his office in Interlago Plaza. He is there on Tuesday and Thursday, 766-5154 and has an office in Guadalajara.

In January he did a procedure which included three stents in my leg, which had a 100% blockage below the knee. In February he did three stents on my heart and I was up, walking in two hours and home the next morning. For the leg, he went in through the groin and I was totally pain free in two days. For the heart procedure, he went in through my right wrist. Again, it was easier than going to my dentist. I can update this in two months when he repairs the arteries in my left leg, which will also requite stents.

Fortunately, I have private Mexican insurance, so my out of pocket at this point is 2,500 pesos and the doctor added years to my life as part of the deal. A good deal..

I second the suggestion of contacting Dr. Hector Briseno at his office in Interlago Plaza. He is there on Tuesday and Thursday, 766-5154 and has an office in Guadalajara.

In January he did a procedure which included three stents in my leg, which had a 100% blockage below the knee. In February he did three stents on my heart and I was up, walking in two hours and home the next morning. For the leg, he went in through the groin and I was totally pain free in two days. For the heart procedure, he went in through my right wrist. Again, it was easier than going to my dentist. I can update this in two months when he repairs the arteries in my left leg, which will also requite stents.

Fortunately, I have private Mexican insurance, so my out of pocket at this point is 2,500 pesos and the doctor added years to my life as part of the deal. A good deal..

Thank you for your post. Who was your insurance company?

Adding to your post above, he is at Integrity Clinic at Pemex Plaza, Suite # 21 on Tues and Thurs from 10 AM - 2 PM.

I'd also check here:

The Surgery Center of Oklahoma. This is a surgical facility that performs all sorts of common procedures. But it's very different than all the other medical centers in your neighborhood.

See, it only accepts payment in one way: Cash.

They seem to be a bit higher than MX prices but the travel difference may make up for it.

I had a heart attack, an angioplasty and 4-5 days in the hospital 4 years ago, no stents. Price for everything was $6400US but the peso was around 10 at the time.

Four years ago the peso was over 13 to a dollar, not around 10. The last time the peso was "around 10" was in early 2006.

Archived