Chapala.com Webboard

viva mexico

jimbeamer

Viva Mexico: San Juan Cosala, west of the plaza on the right side of the street. Good butcher shop just before on the left.

"Dusty chicken": South side of highway, SuperLake/Coke area. Look for red chairs, smoke, lots of customers. Follow your nose.

I find Lety's chicken on the highway in Ajijic to be as good or better... and less expensive, even though chicken prices have gone up dramatically in the last year or so. IMO, the reason the 'dusty' place is really so popular is because there is nothing else for roadside chicken between Ajijic and Chapala.

7 od us were there for the 1st time a short while ago, we had heard that it was a fabulous restaurant with excellent food.

First the service was terrible, we waited about 20 minutes just to be asked if we wanted something to drink.

4 of us had the ribs, they we served cold, very few of them and nor very tasty. I think they did not have enough for 4 orders and they split whatever they had left between the 4 of us.

The fajitas were OK but nothing more.

We will not be going back soon!

Ya know, this thread was originally about Viva Mexico. Since they don't serve the things you are complaining about, I assume you are talking about the Lety's in central Ajijic. But, it would be nice to be clear about this since you are condemning them. Also and differently, there is another Letty's, which is an excellent seafood place on the north side of the carretera just east of the new Laguna Mall. I recommend the coconut shrimp, but everything is good, especially if you go on Fridays after they change the oil;)

Archived