Chapala.com Webboard

Change of ownership of car/motorcycle

Used to be you could pay at the tienda to the right of the recaudadora office entrance (not the street entrance) to make the appt for you.  They will tell you what appt times are available then they complete the appt for you.  Write down the username and password that they assign you for future reference.  I transferred three vehicles in 2023 and each time I was able to get a same day appt usually within a couple of hours.  I think the cost was 100 or 200 pesos for the appt.  Or you can do it the other way, online.  I like simple.

If the PO has outstanding traffic tickets, you pay.  

• Like 1

Just now, Tingting said:

When did they start to require appointments? I've always just walked in whenever I bought or sold a scooter. This is definitely good information to have, thanks!

They and many other government offices both Jalisco & Federal started a couple of years ago.  

• Like 1

I bought a car last summer and an appointment was needed.  FYI  When I paid our refrendo the first week of January 2024, the small shop next to the entrance (the person working there used to make online appointments as well as copies) was closed.  I asked the guard when it would be open, he replied "nunca".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today I went to their website and got it all filled out, but I could not submit my info to get the appointment because a prompt said my CURP and RFC don’t coincide. All the info I put in is absolutely correct. 

@Tracey,  that had been my experience also in the past.  ibarra has reported that the tienda in the recaudadora is closed now.  At the street entrance to the recaudadora there is another tienda to the left that has a sign up for appts also.  Never tried them but who knows.  Vamos a ver.

• Like 1