Chapala.com Webboard

Local Road Construction update

It basically reads they expect to be done on the Madero reconstruction by the end of February.  It describes how the "mayor" and other officials walked the project from the waterfront to Soriana inspecting the work.

We'll see.  It certainly is a nice improvement for Chapala and looks to be done much better than the usual.  It does appear the amount of on street parking has been reduced.  That may cause even more double parking.

If it wasn't for the double parkers this work would make for quick trips through the town.  However... 🤣

Chapala, "Where residents of Ajijic and other towns of the Chapala Municipio go to see their tax dollars at work."  🤑

It is really a nice town these days.  The waterfront is very attractive.  It has excellent shopping and quite a number of nice restaurants.  We take all our visitors there.

If moving here now, I think we would look for a home there first, instead of Ajijic.  Still relatively free of "gringo pricing."

The Chapala graffiti warriors need to get restarted however.  Too many tags for a nice town.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tomgates said:

Please do a "copy/paste" of the article for those of us who are not subscribers. 

I don't have a subscription either.  The link I provided is the portion of the article you can receive WITHOUT a subscription.  Just click on it and you should be able to read it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ibarra said:

I don't have a subscription either.  The link I provided is the portion of the article you can receive WITHOUT a subscription.  Just click on it and you should be able to read it.

Works fine for me without any subscription.