Chapala.com Webboard

Taco Crisis

Floradude

Earlier today (Friday) I was shopping in Superlake.  On my list was taco shells.  I have been buying them at Superlake for many, many years. I looked in all the usual places and could not find them.  I asked a lady who was out working in the store where they were.  She looked and could not find them.  All together four different ladies looked and could not find the taco shells.  Finally, the fifth person that was asked informed us that Superlake was no longer stocking them, or the small Taco Mix pkts. I think you know where I am going with this.  Please, let me know if you are aware of any place at Lakeside that stocks the shells, and pkts that you mix with the ground beef. 

50 minutes ago, Floradude said:

Well, you got my hopes up, but it was not to be.

Torrito does not have Taco shells or Taco seasoning.

Don't know what to say. I just stopped in and, yes they are both gone. They had a large amount of hard shells, but the shelf is now stacked full of tostada shells. To make matters worse I may have gotten the last taco Seasoning packet. 

If I see them again, I'll try to quickly drop a note here. Sorry if you went out of your way on a wild goose chase.

20230909_123025.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You want crispy tacos?:  La Fiesta Restuarant, Tex Mex style.  Crappy parking now but the new location will have plenty of parking at the old La Hacienda de Don Pedro across the street from Corazon de Malta Pub on De Las Flores in West Ajijic.  The owners of La Fiesta are the same as Blue Rose, so killer margaritas on the rocks.

• Thanks 1