Chapala.com Webboard

Getting Prescription Glasses at Costco

Natasha

From those with personal experience please.  Was it a better option ( price, selection, etc) than getting them elsewhere?  Thinking I'll need to get some in foreseeable future but don't know if 2 trips close together makes up for gas, time, etc.   Gracias.

I haven't gone to Costco for glasses but both of the local ophthalmologists - Dra Claudia above the IMNS office in Chapala and Dra Marianna at Quality Care - are very knowledgeable, reasonably priced, and offer a decent selection of glasses. I admit I hate driving to Guad so for me the choice is easy. 

I have gotten prescription glasses at Costco on a couple occasions. Used their optical exam on one occasion and outside prescription on another. Also bought my wife's contacts there. Best prices and quality. 

9 hours ago, NEWMtnMama said:

Dra Claudia above the IMNS office in Chapala .....

and her sister Dra. Paulina are where I would get my Rx.  Have been to Claudia for ages.  Since I go to Costco Vallarta anyway for dog/cat food it can work. But thank you.

35 minutes ago, BenjiBoy said:

I found having to make an appointment several days away ......

Thanks for this tip Fred.  I got the impression from the man on Tuesday that if I walked in with Rx ready, all I had to do was choose frames,  give deposit, and Rest would follow.  I'll double check that.

20 hours ago, NEWMtnMama said:

I haven't gone to Costco for glasses but both of the local ophthalmologists - Dra Claudia above the IMNS office in Chapala and Dra Marianna at Quality Care - are very knowledgeable, reasonably priced, and offer a decent selection of glasses. I admit I hate driving to Guad so for me the choice is easy. 

BUT....""From those with personal experience please."""