Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico eases border restrictions

Mainecoons

5 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Oh give me a break. There were over 600 mass shootings in the US in 2020 and 147 in 2021 as of April 16. Loonies with guns, not inner city gangs.

These statistics rate any "incident" of 4 or more deaths as a mass shooting. Look deeper and you will find that the majority of these by far are inner city gang war shootings (yes...Loonies with guns). Someone here mentioned "nationalist terrorist" shootings; compared to this, just a blip. And yes, the numbers have increased exponentially since "defund the police" and "no bail" nonsense has become the fad. Lets get real here!!! check out these numbers just for 2 cities in 2020...and they have increased 50% to 100% so far this year!!!

In Chicago, 3,237 shooting incidents have occurred as of Dec. 27, an increase of over 50% from the 2,120 incidents reported in the same time frame in 2019. The city also saw a 55% increase in homicides. New York City has had 1,824 shooting victims this year as of Dec. 20, compared to 896 in the same time period last year, and a 39% increase in homicides year on year.

Despite all the smoke blowing back and forth, I know I will come home safely when I leave the house in Mexico and I worry for my family in the US every time they say they are going some place. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HarryB said:

Despite all the smoke blowing back and forth, I know I will come home safely when I leave the house in Mexico and I worry for my family in the US every time they say they are going some place. 

It's all relative as to where you live in both countries. I have lived in areas of Southern California that were very dicey regarding crime, however I feel perfectly safe in my wonderful little pueblo of San Antonio Tlayacapan, as in all of Lakeside in fact. There are also many wonderful little bergs and towns across the US that are perfectly safe. This thread has wondered regarding comparing both countries crime rates as a whole, and unfortunately it has been proven that México leads in a bad way hands down in this department. Yes, most is fueled by the vicious cartels and in very defined geographic areas and cities, as is in the US led by vicious terrorist  gangs such as the Bloods, Crips and MS-13. All that being said I am very happy with my decision to move here full time 13 years ago and plan to spend my time left enjoying the amazing weather, amenities and yes, what I consider crime free environment here Lakeside!!!  

• Like 1