Chapala.com Webboard

Beef Prices

rafterbr

2 hours ago, geeser said:

Next time you are in Costco look in the specialty cases in front of the meat, roasted chicken area. They sell a two pack of good sliced corned beef usually on the top shelf on your left, we open one package and freeze the other. These cases have specialty cheese and packaged refrigerated foods. Add that to some of the rye or pumpernickel bread from Superlake and you are on you way to some good eating.  

Those packages are available in several places around Chapala. No need to go to Costco for an inferior product. The pic is what I'm looking for and what Smitty  and Rick used to sell here. Good corned beef has needs fat on it.

corned beef 2.jpg

On 11/3/2019 at 2:02 PM, happyjillin said:

Darn! I have not had good corned beef since Smitty and Rick stopped selling it.

I love Reuben Sandwiches and the one here with the best corned beef is at Manix.  Maybe you can ask Hector their source for the corned beef??  

5 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Those packages are available in several places around Chapala. No need to go to Costco for an inferior product. The pic is what I'm looking for and what Smitty  and Rick used to sell here. Good corned beef has needs fat on it.

corned beef 2.jpg

I was simply pointing out where to easily buy the sliced packaged corned beef. Of course I make my own and sometimes buy the finished product as well. Most people here are more interested in buying finished product. I have not seen it for sale here, but I am glad you have. Perhaps you should list where it is available for those who want to know. Many people here do not need a whole brisket nor do they have curing space in their refrigerator. The product at Costco's is by no means inferior, I know because I've bought it several times. I only corn a brisket a couple of times a year now and run out between times. When did you last purchase the Costco sliced corned beef? Perhaps the supplier has changed since then.

7 hours ago, geeser said:

I was simply pointing out where to easily buy the sliced packaged corned beef. Of course I make my own and sometimes buy the finished product as well. Most people here are more interested in buying finished product. I have not seen it for sale here, but I am glad you have. Perhaps you should list where it is available for those who want to know. Many people here do not need a whole brisket nor do they have curing space in their refrigerator. The product at Costco's is by no means inferior, I know because I've bought it several times. I only corn a brisket a couple of times a year now and run out between times. When did you last purchase the Costco sliced corned beef? Perhaps the supplier has changed since then.

I said that the same sliced is available here and it's all inferior. I reiterate. I am looking for a supplier of the real good thing not corning it myself but cooking the finished product. I fully agree with computerguy.

corned beef.jpg