Chapala.com Webboard

Superlake ????

well I do not think anyone who says he goes there one every 3 months is qualified to talk about the people who shop there or the produce.. I shop there a lot and I see plenty of Mexicans especially on the week-ends.

I would like to know where else lakeside you can get endives imported cheese and I am not speaking of the usual US cheeses. folo dough, peanut oil, a wide variety of Asian products and on and on.. The place is an asset to the area , it is unique to this area, I do not know of another shop in all the other areas I have visited that come close to this store.. I do not understand why some people have a need to put it down.

I do not shop in Guadalajara for food or supplies and I am thankful I can get what I need locally. Between the local stores, Walmart and SL I do not even go to the tianguis any longer as the quality of the local stores has gone up since we got here and they get their  fruit and vegies from the abastos just like the tianguis does.

38 minutes ago, bmh said:

well I do not think anyone who says he goes there one every 3 months is qualified to talk about the people who shop there or the produce.. I shop there a lot and I see plenty of Mexicans especially on the week-ends.

I would like to know where else lakeside you can get endives imported cheese and I am not speaking of the usual US cheeses. folo dough, peanut oil, a wide variety of Asian products and on and on.. The place is an asset to the area , it is unique to this area, I do not know of another shop in all the other areas I have visited that come close to this store.. I do not understand why some people have a need to put it down.

I do not shop in Guadalajara for food or supplies and I am thankful I can get what I need locally. Between the local stores, Walmart and SL I do not even go to the tianguis any longer as the quality of the local stores has gone up since we got here and they get their  fruit and vegies from the abastos just like the tianguis does.

Bueno, bueno, bueno! I agree with this 100%. This guy owned the gringo business before Walmart and was counted out when they came but he persevered and continues to provide products that are not available anywhere else. I go there weekly and the lines and customers, both Gringo and Mexican, are as big or larger than when I moved to San Antonio over 9 years ago. By the way where is the huge traffic congestion and chaos predicted before Walmart was built. Again the sky is falling proved untrue. 

1 hour ago, bmh said:

I completely agree.  I find the produce, dairy & many local items priced well. This is why you see Mexicans shopping there. I'm also finding some of the imported items aren't that much more expensive than purchasing NOB since we get a much better rate on the peso. I'm just happy we have SL and I am willing to pay more for the times I am having a Triscuit craving or some other item that I can only find at SL. I consider it a special treat.

YOU said the magic word, TRISCUIT, I too am addicted thereto. Yes I know I pay close to 10 dollars per box. Yes I know Costco up north often has then in a container holding 4 boxes for about the same price as one box down there. And I am more than willing to pay SL for a box every once in a while so that I can have them when I am in Mexico. 

Because I go to Costco every month or two, most things Superlake sells from Costco at a markup, I don't need. But should I run short, I'm glad I can get the same products for more at Superlake

4 hours ago, betty7 said:

now since we know the mexxicans shop there, the vegetables MUST be GOOD. i mean, dont they know good produce? maybe mold has some magic medicinal healing:ph34r:? willing to learn. ;):)

My Mexican friends say  "dos por uno".

Archived