Chapala.com Webboard

Embroidery Thread

dichosalocura

I have lived here for 3 years and there is no place locally to get DMC thread.There are a few places in the Merceria district of Guadalajara that carry DMC but most carry Anchor.  I have a huge selection of DMC 6-strand cotton thread as I do large cross stitch projects.  If you are in need of thread you can contact me here and I'll get back to you.  Also check out my post on Beg, Barter Buy and Sell - Chapala.

IF I remember correctly, there was a tiny tienda in Joco that had a selection of thread behind the counter.

I cannot remember if DMC or Anchor.

If you need a skein or two, contact me. I have a LOT of it as I bought 2 of every color I could find one time when JoAnn's had a big sale in CA.

I do a lot of cross stitch and have to buy my threads (DMC)online or when I'm in the States. There may be a store or two in Guad that carries DMC, but I have yet to find it. This isn't a great solution, but I load up on my colors whenever I can to the point that I have 3 or more of each color. There is a company that will mail direct to you here in Mexico, http://www.everythingcrossstitch.com/, and I'm sure there are others, too. Hope that helps.

I am a stitcher as well and will check back to see when and where you will plan to meet up.  Have been working on a counted cross-stitch piece for a while.  Do you mind if I join you if I can make it?  :)

Here are two possible dates/times .....

TOMORROW, SUNDAY SEPT 25th   ..... Black Coffee on Carreterra opposite Walmart 1PM

MONDAY , SEPTEMBER 26th      .........  Black Coffee on Carreterra opposite Walmart 1PM

Respond via PM or here on the forum.

I would be able to make it tomorrow, Sunday, 9/25, 1:00 p.m.!  However, on Monday at that time, I would have to pass as I have another activity.  Would enjoy meeting you all.  I would be walking, as I don't have a car as yet, but Black Coffee Gallery is a nice walk for me.  Keep on stitching....  :rolleyes:

One more thingie --  Since they changed the format of this WebBoard (quite a while back), I cannot find where to post or read PM's.  So if you reply to me, please just do a regular post on this thread.  Thanks.

Archived