Chapala.com Webboard

Using various drivers to go on short trips

Wookie

If anyone has used any local drivers to go on day trips would you please share your experience? Did you pay a flat rate or a per person rate? I know when we have gone to the airport or to Guadalajara to the hospital we have paid a flat rate and not a per person rate. Has this been the case for day trips in your experience?

I know I can find this out by calling various providers but would like to know ahead of time what to expect. Also, if you have someone in mind that you really like and has a comfortable vehicle with a/c and that will accommodate 4 adults comfortably besides the driver.

I have an excellent driver for 800 a day driving his own newer and clean vehicle.. Spent most of his life in GDL and knows all the shortcuts and tons of info. Speaks very good English. He is my guest at lunch when we go out for the day. Four adults besides a driver might require a larger vehicle than his compact taxi, though, unless you all are "close" friends.

I have a friend coming next week to look over the area for possible relocation. We would like to hire a taxi to drive us around. Could you please give me the name and number that you recommend?

I have a friend coming next week to look over the area for possible relocation. We would like to hire a taxi to drive us around. Could you please give me the name and number that you recommend?

I have used Samuel Reyes (aka "Sammy") for 8 years to make take me to the airport. I know he also does groups as described above, but I'm not sure of his rates. He is a former Jalisco State Police officer, and speaks English well. He is extremely reliable, and always arrives a few minutes earlier than the set time (can you imagine? In Mexico?). His various vehicles are in good shape and I believe he has a van as well as his usual airport vehicle. He has two cell numbers: 333-482-0167 and 331-289-5209

Manu Salazar is also a good "go to" guy for things like this.

He is trilingual, prompt, fun to talk to and knows the area. His SUV is quite comfy.

I do not know what he would charge for your excursion, but you can easily contact him via email. He lives in Chapala.

manudiza(at)hotmail.fr

Archived