Chapala.com Webboard

Car wash guy/parking aide at SuperLake

The tall, thin, older man (slightly "grizzled") at SuperLake has kittens from 2 litters (born close together) that he will be bringing to SuperLake on Monday Aug 11 for adoption (free).

I went (as translator) to his house today with an interested friend. The family's accomodations are as basic as you can get, but all their cats and dogs appear healthy and well-fed. And the kittens have NO sign of fleas (surprise!).

Of course, she did not find what she was looking for.......but I fell in love :) .......... so off to Ladron's first thing Monday for Feline Leukemia test.....

These are good and caring people but cannot afford more pets than they already suppoort. So please consider having a look at these babies when he brings them. There is a black-and-white tuxedo medium-hair boy, another boy (either grey and white or tabby and white --- I forget), and a lovely medium-hair well-marked calico girl. If I understood correctly, these kittens all belong to a brindle-tabby and white good-sized Mom. They are supposedly 1 1/2 months old.

Also a gorgeous pure white girl whose mom is pure white with blue eyes but NOT deaf. This kitten appears to be slightly older, but not much. She's the largest, and will have long, but not "puffY" hair.

And yes, I did advise them of how to get the Moms spayed under the LFA program for Mexicans of limited means.

Well, my baby passed her Feline Leukemia test with flying colors, so I assume all the others cats in this household are OK since they live cheek-by-jowl and are in constant contact with one another.

Lady of the family told me today she is considering giving up a seal (or chocolate?) point female "Siamese" -- all the right points and markings, blue eyes, but hair a little fuzzy, about 4 months old -- because this family is very poor and can't afford to feed their cats properly, and she realizes this and wants to do the best for the animals. (I took her some food today because the kittens were eating tortilla bits in milk, and leftover rice.).

If interested, call 766-3580 and I can help you get together with her. Also, there were still most of the other babies when I was there this morning. Don't know if the husband had any luck at SuperLake today...

Talked to the man yesterday, and ALL kittens (5) are adopted! So they have taken the Siamese-type young one off the table, and will keep that one and the other adults.

Thanks to whomever helped. Arrangement to be made soon the sterilize all cats. All's well that ends well. :)

BTW, my new baby gained 115 grams in TWO days thanks to good food and regular access to WATER. She's been drinking up a storm so assume water was not easily available to the littlest ones.

I talked to him yesterday also - he asked me if he should have his tom cat neutered, seeming to think that it is not necessary. I assured him it was and he said he'd do it but those of you who know him better might like to follow up with him about that.

The 3 kittens are at the LFA riberas Shelter He did not know that we would take the kittens as long as they agreed to Spay the Moms . Moms will be Spayed as soon as their milk drys up. The kittens have been leukemia tested flea treated and wormed.

Archived