Chapala.com Webboard

California Notary

ritchie

Once again the only legal notary who can perform notary service outside of the state where the person is allowed to notarize, is the Consulate. A CA notary must be in CA to notarize. If you don't want your document challenged later then use the Consulate notary.

The only legal US Notary is the Consulate in Guad or at LCS from time to time. U.S.notaries are valid only in the state they are licensed in or other states that respect that license. Check and see if they will accept a Mexican notary. Sorry but what I say is the truth and ANY state licensed notary signing in Lakeside is not valid. If you don't care go ahead but don't do it if someone might fight you later like a will. My info comes from my wife who was a Public Notary, Mobile Notary, Real Estate Broker, and Lawyer in PNW.

The only legal US Notary is the Consulate in Guad or at LCS from time to time. U.S.notaries are valid only in the state they are licensed in or other states that respect that license. Check and see if they will accept a Mexican notary. Sorry but what I say is the truth and ANY state licensed notary signing in Lakeside is not valid. If you don't care go ahead but don't do it if someone might fight you later like a will. My info comes from my wife who was a Public Notary, Mobile Notary, Real Estate Broker, and Lawyer in PNW.

I agree with this info as I also was a notary. You cannot notarize something in another state never mind in another country. It is not legal

Archived