Chapala.com Webboard

House Hold Goods to US

Tomas

In Preparation of moving back to the US we are looking for viable suggestions in transporting several hundred pounds of household items to Laredo or San Antonio,Tx. It may consist of a partial Van. Appreciate viable and accurate information. Also looking for packing material and boxes..I can and will pick up. TIA

A friend of mine just moved a lot of household items from Guadalajara to Dallas Texas by mexican luxury bus. I believe there is no limits what you can take in suitcases. All you pay is the regular passenger fare.No extra for the luggage. You might want to check it out.

The idea is that you take the bus with your items thru Mexico. At the border you would unload into a cab, go across the border and then drop ship it from the US side to where ever you are going to end your trip.

The bus will not accomodate anywhere near our household good and decorations. What we are asking is there a driver with a large car or a van that would drive our stuff to the Border (Laredo) or to San Antonio where we would meet them and transfer to our Van.".No we are not driving back we are flying." Another option is with a moving or shipping company that would ship a container to Laredo or San Antonio or Houston and we could pick it up there.

Again is there anyone with boxes and packing material that they want to havepicked up??TIA

Ok, there is a guy transporting people's cars to the border where the person is permanente and cannot or will not nationalize them and maybe he could take stuff little by little, it will get it out of Mexico and he is going north.

there are thousands of freight trucks leaving mexico empty every week returning to the US

I shipped an entire household from the bay area by commercial 53ft freight truck- you can also do partial loads with some companies call a customs broker in Laredo - they speak english and spanish they will be able to direct you how to do this-

check on line for a broker who specializes in freight- so not tell them you are moving household goods- only boxed freight----- otherwise they will recommend a moving company - you do have to pack and load the truck yourself or hire help

saved me 20,000.00 dollars---after getting quote from a lakeside moving company

Sergio Alvarez is fantastic - reliable and trustworthy. He just moved us from Mexico to Maine and did a great job.

His Mexican cell is 333-137-4218

His US Cell is 956-740-3323

He did some of our more difficult packing and moved all our items with no damage or worries at all. He is a wonderful man.

I have received some viable leads for moving some house items to US in Aug. Thanks for the leads.

HOWEVER: I am still looking for some sturdy cardboard boxes and packing material..I will pick them up and pay a reasonable amount..TIA

Archived