Chapala.com Webboard

Take note of Hole in One's new menu prices

jkgourmet

As I am sure everyone here knows, the fine filet at Hole in One has been a fantastic price of 95 pesos since it opened. A friend visited last night and called to tell me that the price had increased dramatically to 140 pesos. When I looked at the new menu, I realized that the preparation of this filet is different, which may justify the price increase.

BEFORE anyone goes there expecting the original preparation and price, here is the current version of the filet:

Beef Filet USDA CHOICE - beef filet wrapped with pancetta, cooked in rich Borolo broth, served with parmesan asparagus risotto. 140 pesos

IT'S A DIFFERENT DISH ENTIRELY. And that may be good or bad. All I hope is that this post will be enough warning so that there is a limited amount of kvetching about surprise price increases, etc.

Best advice is to look carefully at the menu for the week before you visit.

It sure is, but I've been thinking for a while now that he's had to keep it at 95 only because that's where the initial experiment started; the other items on the menu have always been more expensive, and 95 for the steak was a real bargain, comparatively.

Keep in mind that Eric had a guest chef working with him this weekend and that the menu was entirely different. In my opinion although this guest chef was Eric's culinary teacher, I think Eric's creations are better. Let's see what Eric has in store for us next weekend.

Archived