Chapala.com Webboard

Where is there a SAFE off-leash dogpark l"ocally."

I have a small dog and she really needs to have a place to exercise because she is "porking out") and that's not good. I want to catch it before it gets bad.

I heard there is some park locally but that the larger dogs will go after smaller ones.

Thanks.

David

Often times the dog park is split into areas for small dogs and areas for big dogs. You could also walk her at least daily in your neighborhood. As Artsnob said, change or reduce her diet - doesn't have to be drastic just reduce it a little and don't free food (leave a bowl with food on the floor). No treats either.

I would Lake to be able to have her run because she is just a pup and full of energy. I have some issues that don't allow me to walk any reasonable distance where there there are rocks and uneven streets.

I don't know of any parks with small dog areas. Couple of thoughts. Play fetch with a tennis ball or Frisbee. It takes awhile but you can really ware the dog out. No free feeding, meals measured twice a day with baby carrots and apple slices for treats.

It MAY be possible for your dog to attend Dog Worker's Pet Social Club in West Ajijic. Orson Perez is the owner?director. There are several areas for different sized dogs. We have been happy customers of Orson since he started his business by walking dogs. Ours, about 25 lbs, go 3x a week. Transportation is provided at an additional, very reasonable cost.

Give him a call or text him. He has a page on Facebook. I believe you might be on the route coming in to town and going out.