Chapala.com Webboard

I am upset. Help

This morning I requested a routine form from the Social Security Admin by email. I got back an immediat response saying my benefits have been suspended because fro two years I failed to respond to a request for information. I'm assuming it's the yearly check up on my current address. I always respond to these.

They included in this email  a form to fill out and return within 60 says. Of course I will do it immediately. Meanwhile my benefits have been suspended starting with my February 2024 check.

I'm in shock.. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

Lexy

• Sad 1

I suggest you send an email immediately and explain your situation to the office in GDL, give them your phone number too.  It may take a couple of days for a response but, when this happened to me, they were able to ask the questions needed and do whatever was needed on their part so that I did not loose any benefits.      Social Security Admin. GDL      FBU.Guadalajara@ssa.gov

Please keep mind, 5 February is a legal Holiday in MX.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ibarra--I responded immediatly. That's how I know they suspended my benefits beginning immediately with February.  We're exchanging emails.

But they are insisting on the form being returned filled in. That what I'm doing. But of course I did not, obviously not in an eemail, get the return envelope to use.

I better finish filling out this form.

We are exchanging emails without any delay. I just now see that I'm allowed to get the form scanned to them. Otherwise it has to be put in "regular" mail from post office.

So I'll get over to iShop and have it all scanned to them.  Do I have to have a scan number or something to give to iShop for the consulate?