Chapala.com Webboard

Thought for the Day

1 hour ago, OldWEB said:

Why feed the problem?

Instead, go to the root of the issue and have the stray males de-nutted.

Believe me there are many organizations, such as Operation Amor and Friends of Animals, offering free and low cost spay/neuter programs. And it makes a big difference but it is not the only solution. 

• Like 2

In Chapala I see a lot of large cajones on the street dogs... and there were posters in the fall  broadcasting some neuter-izing day... I know I escaped it.

Don't get me wrong, help the ones that need it, but stop the cycle... Nature has a way of controlling overpopulation and if there is enough food to go around, it will continue.

• Sad 1

On 1/3/2024 at 10:57 AM, NEWMtnMama said:

Many of these dogs belong to someone. You can get in a world of trouble for neutering someone else's dog.

Well technically many (if not the majority) of the shelter animals "belong to someone", so why is that not a 'crime' to hold someone's animal, de-nut it and then sell or ship elsewhere? Was the owners permission originally given?

On 1/3/2024 at 10:57 AM, NEWMtnMama said:

Many of these dogs belong to someone. You can get in a world of trouble for neutering someone else's dog.

A good quote from a well known member.

3 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

Rule #1 in Mexico is there are no rules. 😊

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

What I found interesting was that when I used to bring my US born dog down in the 90s, about how scared he became during the firecracker season.  Yet today my Mexican born rescue dogs don't seem to be scared at all.  I wonder how common that is. What has your experience been?