Chapala.com Webboard

Social Security

Floradude

For many years my Social Security has always been deposited directly into my Intercam account on the 1 st. --3rd. of the month.  So far nothing in November.  Would anyone else who receives their social security directly deposited into their account (especially Intercam) report what has happened to them.  Gracias

As widely reported by many new sources in the past few days, U.S banks have been experiencing delays in processing direct deposits due to an error at the payment processing network. This would affect direct deposits from the U.S. to Intercam and other non-U.S. banks since the payments are cleared through major U.S. banks. 

I already have a post going regarding this issue.  Please refer to it.  But, here is what fbu GDL told me this morning in response to my email stating no November payment:  

Since November 2nd was a Holiday, it might also impact the payment process. If you do not receive your benefits by Tuesday please let us know.

3 hours ago, LarryA said:

Depending on your sense of urgency, you might send an email to:

fbu.guadalajara@ssa.gov

Include your full name, social security number perhaps your phone number and a short discription of the facts and your concerns.

For security reasons, I would not include my social security number in the e-mail. 

4 hours ago, ibarra said:

Only last 4 numbers needed.

Not true. for all requests....In some cases only 4.  Depends on what you require,  Wife always needed to provide full when verifying her 6 month requirement for example.

Using your complete SS number with a office of the Social Security Administration is a normal procedure for many things. I would not consider it dangerous, 

32 minutes ago, ibarra said:

The fbu form I filled out for missing payments only required last four digits of SSN. It also required birthdate information and current address in MX.

As I stated  .In some cases only 4 which was the case for your email     Depends on what you require, I was responding to Flyfree who thought it would be unsecure to use your SS number when contacting the SS Administration. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FlyFree said:

For security reasons, I would not include my social security number in the e-mail. 

This quote frfom each of the emails I receive from the Guad office... of course, each person gets to choose:

" For us to give you the best possible attention, please make sure you write your social security number in the body of the email and not on the attachments."