Chapala.com Webboard

Jalisco criminal report - where?

ibarra

In Chapala....next to the Plaza BUT, that is for local only and only good for 90 days....Federal is in Mexico city but you do that last...after initial approval. We were delayed asnd had to pay for the Jalisco report twice, an unnecessary expense. The Federal report required a visit to Mexico City, for us and we did that in one day by RT, Taxi to the location, 15 minutes for the report and back to the airport.

Fred

• Like 1

Go to Guadalajara SRE first and make sure you have all documents needed.  Then get the Chapala report and go to Mexico City and get the federal reports.  Following day give SRE everything you have.  Process will be started.  I do not know long long it takes now.  I hear it is quite awhile but at least it is in process.  Good luck.  Ours was very quick

14 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

The Jalisco report is not needed. 

11.- Provide proof or certificate of no criminal record issued by a competent authority at the federal level (with its validation printed in duplicate) and locally depending on the place of your residence, in original and photocopy;

According to phone call with SRE in Guadalajara, the Jalisco report IS required.

• Thanks 1

I needed the local one (in Chapala; I remember the fee being an odd amount, something like $116mx?) and the federal one is from CDMX. I was initially denied the federal as Mexico's records showed me with two foreign passports: technically correct because over the years I had to have my foreign passport renewed and the Mexico computer records showed both. Even with the dates showing one passport was a replacement due to expiry, they wouldn't budge. I had to Uber all over the city and pay a substantial sum to get the consulate to write a letter verifying that one passport replaced the other. Still had to return a second trip...the expense of two flights.

As they say, "Nothing is ever easy."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ibarra said:

As I have previously posted, the Federal report is obtained online now.  No need to go to MX City.

I understand that; however, if someone has had to get a new passport as did I, s/he may encounter the issue I did. The feds couldn't help me; it was only by having a copy of my own prior (and canceled/replaced) passport did I solve the riddle on my own. Otherwise, this would have been a derailing step.

• Like 1