Chapala.com Webboard

2024 MX General election date

ibarra

I know it is early but I am working on our schedule for next summer.  Does anyone know why the calendars for 2024 list the date for the 2024 General Election as 7 July, 2024 and, recent articles list the date as 2 June, 2024?  NOTE:  I have purposely deleted candidates names in hopes this post will not be considered political.

- My research revealed this:

Mexican citizens cast their votes during the general election ( Elecciones generales de México) on the first Sunday of July every 6 years

- This is what 5 different 2024 calendars have for the election date:

July 7     Sunday     Mexican general election     National holiday

- Here is a sampling of recent articles:

General elections are scheduled to be held in Mexico on 2 June 2024. 

Mexico will go to the polls on June 2 to elect a successor to popular incumbent .xxxxxxx..

Mexico’s broad opposition coalition announced it has chosen xxxxxxx as its candidate in the June 2, 2024 presidential elections

The election is June 2, and xxxxxx will leave office on Sept. 30, 2024.

7 minutes ago, Natasha said:

I just googled this and agree.... there are two sites I looked at with 2 different dates.  And for the life of me I can't remember from 5 years ago  whether it was June or July.  Informador on line didn't help. 

"General elections were held in Mexico on 1 July 2018. "

And that was the first Sunday in July which is when the election is supposed to take place every six years.

4 hours ago, ibarra said:

I know it is early but I am working on our schedule for next summer.  Does anyone know why the calendars for 2024 list the date for the 2024 General Election as 7 July, 2024 and, recent articles list the date as 2 June, 2024?  NOTE:  I have purposely deleted candidates names in hopes this post will not be considered political.

- My research revealed this:

Mexican citizens cast their votes during the general election ( Elecciones generales de México) on the first Sunday of July every 6 years

- This is what 5 different 2024 calendars have for the election date:

July 7     Sunday     Mexican general election     National holiday

- Here is a sampling of recent articles:

General elections are scheduled to be held in Mexico on 2 June 2024. 

Mexico will go to the polls on June 2 to elect a successor to popular incumbent .xxxxxxx..

Mexico’s broad opposition coalition announced it has chosen xxxxxxx as its candidate in the June 2, 2024 presidential elections

The election is June 2, and xxxxxx will leave office on Sept. 30, 2024.

The INE electoral guide for 2024 is quite comprehensive.

https://centralelectoral.ine.mx/2023/08/13/plan-integral-y-calendario-del-proceso-electoral-federal-2023-2024/

• 2 de junio. Elección de senadurías, diputaciones y presidente de México
  • Thanks 2