Chapala.com Webboard

Shock Absorbers

Yarboro

Shock absorbers are just one part of the suspension system and normally last at least 100,000 km. The roads here (cobble, topes, potholes, etc.) take their toll on many of the other components in the suspension, often before the shocks do. Make sure that the technician you choose also is checking the ball joints (upper and lower), tie rod ends, upper & lower control arm bushings and sway bar bushings. The shop you choose also needs to have a decent alignment bay and the knowledge to properly set the alignment of your vehicle after suspension components such as these are changed.

Another thing to be careful of is the country of origin and quality of the parts that are used to repair your car. I have noticed that the auto parts suppliers here in Mexico tend toward the least expensive, low quality parts which are demanded by the bulk of the buying public. This may not be what you really want installed on your vehicle if you want to go some time before you have to replace the stuff again - buyer beware!!

We had struts on the front replaced about 1 year ago at Escalera, we paid $4,000p but this was on a Honda Pilot, they are more heavy duty, Monroe Sensa Trac.

They are located in Riberas across from Chicken LIttle Puritan Poultry.

You can trust Tony at Goodyear

Escalara "hooked me" (and my friends) more than once

I paid high price for a head gasket(and the radiator was leaking the coolant

and when the radiator was replaced , I paid for "original equipment" and received a

cheap replacement

My friend was told the computer was bad & he went to Dealer and computer was OK

I have other stories, but I hope you get the point

I was told a few years ago by the Honda dealer in Vallarta that my CRV (which has since been removed from the country) needed all new shocks, at a quoted price of about 8000 pesos. My local mechanic told me there was nothing wrong with the shocks- it only needed a new bushing. Cost: 600 pesos installed.

Archived