Chapala.com Webboard

James legacy movie at $65K.....a bunch of bucks, really?

solajijic

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/her-legacy-lives-on-the-neill-james-children-s-art-program-in-ajijic-mexico

This is the link to the fundraising site. We have received emails about this from several different directions.

Apparently the idea is to showcase the children's art program and Neill James' contributions to it for the purpose of increased interest in the dozen or so local artists who support themselves with skills learned in the LCS program. In addition the idea is to effect and increase in interest in local art as a tourist destination. Hmm.

I don't what to think about this project.

From what I understand, this would be a wonderful project. Roy Nolan is a gifted film maker and has donated countless hours of his time and talent to many lakeside projects. To showcase Neill James and the LCS Art Program is a fine idea and to highlight the many talented local artists who have succeeded in making a living while practicing their talents honed there is quite an accomplishment.

I do understand it is a private contribution and have shared this info. with friends to encourage them to make contributions.

Valerie :)

Archived