Chapala.com Webboard

Timing for Permanente

Sunshine Girl

WOW - the stars are shining on you. Applied Sept. 27th in Chapala (using Spencer's office) and not even called for fingerprints yet.

INM will not call you. Watch your online progress. If it says Presentarse, go in.

I have been watching - nada yet.

It took me 12 weeks to get mine. Started 10/9, received card 1/6. Did it myself. I didn't have to show financials and have been here 9 years. I would go into the office to check on the status, the online feature doesn't always work. Was told to go into the office for fingerprint and final payment and when I got there they said that no, they weren't ready. When it came time to pick up there wasn't a presentarse notification but the card was there. Also remember Friday is the only day to pick up.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the "pre approval" 6 month Permanente Visa in my passport from the Mexican Embassy In DC. I applied in Chapala on July 5 and got my card within 4 weeks. I then lost my wallet (with my card in it.......big problem, I'll only carry a copy from now on with the card safely in the home safe used only for travel). I then reapplied October 29 (had to pay the fee all over again.....no process for just replacing the card), and was fingerprinted again the second week of December, but still no card. I think the best time to get it done is during the summer when the 6 monthers and "snowbirds" are gone, with tourism in Mexico much less during that time frame.......and probably less demands on the staffs.

Archived