Chapala.com Webboard

TIP car sticker

stuphel

We got our TIP sticker for this year in advance, and it's here with us in Canada. Can we just apply it ourselves before we hit the border (or after), or does it have to be done by immigrado in Mexico? We have our FM3's, and were hoping, not to have to go to the immigrado building in Nuevo Laredo.

Put it on at border so you avoid Aduana. You are suppose to check in with Immigration.

If i HAve the TIP, then I go thru customs without having to stop and pay for my excess stuff?

I thought that just let me skip banjercito, not Aduana. :unsure:

Would be Aduana that would put it on, not Inmigrado. If you put it on yourself, it must be placed in the center of your windshield near the top.

I thought the TIP was a Banjercito thing, not Aduana?

Banjercito is a contractor to Aduana. They handle the administration of the TIP program and collect/refund monies on Aduana's behalf.

We have our FM3's, and were hoping, not to have to go to the immigrado building in Nuevo Laredo.

You have your Temporal Visa .... but you have to stop at Immigration and they will give you a 30 day FMM visa. You'll have to visit your local Immigration withing that 30 days. You can put the TIP sticker on any time before the border. It goes like behind/infront of your rear view mirror

Banjercito is a contractor to Aduana. They handle the administration of the TIP program and collect/refund monies on Aduana's behalf.

So, I don't need to stop at Aduana?

If you have an unexpired visa you still should stop at INM and check in to the country. You don't need to stop at Aduana but you must send copies, when you get here, of the paperwork(title etc) you used when getting the sticker sent to you; the address in Mexico City and instructions were included with the TIP. If you don't sent copies to Aduana in Mexico City you will lose your deposit paid when you applied for your TIP sticker.

If you have an expired visa, you can obtain a new one at your local consulate before you leave Canada or get a FMM (like old tourist visa) at the border.

So, I don't need to stop at Aduana?

No, not for anything to do with your TIP if you have your sticker already. You still need to have a chat with Aduana though if you are bringing in items that need to be declared.

So, everyone MUST pass thru Aduana, TIP or not, and if you have mdse to declare, maybe pay. Aduana is customs, right, so all people pass there. Banjercito is where you get the TIP, not at the Aduana post. But, if you have the TIP, you do not need to stop at Banjercito. If you need something from Immigration, then you need to stop there. So, there are 3 different places that are involved at one time or another, not 2, right?

No, not for anything to do with your TIP if you have your sticker already.

I don't think that Aduana has any part in the TIP at the Border, only Banjercito, which is in a separate location from Aduana.

I don't think that Aduana has any part in the TIP at the Border, only Banjercito, which is in a separate location from Aduana.

Correct, there are 3 different "entities" at the border entry coming in to Mexico.

Banjercito handles matters dealing with the vehicle you are driving in (issuing the TIP, collecting your money or issuing refunds when cancelling a TIP).

Aduana examines the goods you are bringing in and determines if there is duty that needs to be paid. They can also confiscate goods that are not permitted.

INM issues the Visitor's permits or examines your current passport and visas/permits.

You will also likely have the military poke around in your vehicle or trailer looking for any weapons or ammunition.

I have a question if anyone can help. I drove my car back to Canada in June.(a J car) Handed in my T.I.P. got a receipt I thought I would automatically get my refund on the credit card I had used originally. I have been patient and in all honesty , forgot about it, but I have just remembered and then realised that I had to renew the credit card about a year ago.

Have I missed out or am I able to write to Banjercito with my new credit card details and get the refund. or is there any other way to get this back.

Thanks

I have a question if anyone can help. I drove my car back to Canada in June.(a J car) Handed in my T.I.P. got a receipt I thought I would automatically get my refund on the credit card I had used originally. I have been patient and in all honesty , forgot about it, but I have just remembered and then realised that I had to renew the credit card about a year ago.

Have I missed out or am I able to write to Banjercito with my new credit card details and get the refund. or is there any other way to get this back.

Thanks

I had this happen. First contact the original issuer of the now expired credit card. If it was a bank they likely have the funds sitting there waiting for you to contact them and can redirect it to a new card or bank account. If the refund was not accepted and sent back to Banjercito, contact Banjercito and provide direction on where the refund is supposed to be sent. If they no longer have it, they would have forfeited it to the Mexican treasury and you are in for a long ordeal to try and recover it.

Aduana does not only examine goods. Aduana is a part of SAT. Aduana are the people who issue car permit extensions etc. Aduana / SAT issue safe return letters and certainly not Banjercito. Aduana are the people who can legally check your car permit when driving and they can confiscate a car as can Federales and certainly not Banjercito. I do not understand the confusion.

I go to my original post: "Put it on at border so you avoid Aduana. You are suppose to check in with Immigration".

Banjercito is related to banking.

Banjercito

Banco Nacional del Ejército, Fuerza Aérea y Armada started operations on July 15th 1947, as a Public Limited Company. The Bank has evolved at the same time with the development experienced by the Mexican Financial System and it’s currently organized under the figure of the National Credit Societies, Development Banking Institutions comprising the Federal Public Administration, but maintaining its legal personality and own patrimony.

Facing the modernity we encounter day after day, it is necessary to evolve at the same pace imposed by time, that is why Banco Nacional del Ejército, Fuerza Aérea y Armada S.N.C. is strategically positioned moving forward with solid steps to provide to its customers an efficient, safe and practical service, staying always this way at the vanguard.

Banco Nacional del Ejército, Fuerza Aérea y Armada S.N.C, (Banjercito) according with its Organic Law has as main objective to provide banking and credit services to a strategic sector of the Mexican Society: the members of the Mexican Army, Air Force and Navy.

I had this happen. First contact the original issuer of the now expired credit card. If it was a bank they likely have the funds sitting there waiting for you to contact them and can redirect it to a new card or bank account. If the refund was not accepted and sent back to Banjercito, contact Banjercito and provide direction on where the refund is supposed to be sent. If they no longer have it, they would have forfeited it to the Mexican treasury and you are in for a long ordeal to try and recover it.

Thanks for the advice Ezzie, Will do

Archived