Chapala.com Webboard

Trash day Rancho Del Oro?

What day(s) is the trash picked up in Rancho Del Oro Ajijic?

How do I sort it?

I noticed it hanging on the walls last Thursday so I hung out my bag and it was taken. I saw more trash out this morning and didn't know if it was due to week end people or another trash day. I did notice a bag marked organic. Do I need to separate into different bags glass, cans, paper and items that would be composted? I am a 3 week rental. There were no instructions left by the property manage other than the maid would handle it but she has been here twice since last Monday and did not put out the last renters trash.. Thank you.

What day(s) is the trash picked up in Rancho Del Oro Ajijic?

How do I sort it?

I noticed it hanging on the walls last Thursday so I hung out my bag and it was taken. I saw more trash out this morning and didn't know if it was due to week end people or another trash day. I did notice a bag marked organic. Do I need to separate into different bags glass, cans, paper and items that would be composted? I am a 3 week rental. There were no instructions left by the property manage other than the maid would handle it but she has been here twice since last Monday and did not put out the last renters trash.. Thank you.

Mix all your trash together. They rip open the bags, separate it on the truck and further separate it at the landfill.

Trash days are Tuesday y Friday. We put our plastics and bottles together but seperate from the other trash. If you pick up after your dog and put it in the trash who would want to sort through it. For several years the municipality has asked you to seperate trash; unfortunately the color of bags they want to use are unavailable. So we use green for trash and white for plastic, metal and glass.

The following information has been publicized many times by the Municipio:

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: Organic waste, vegetable matter, yard debris, etc..

Tuesday and Thursday: Recyclables, plastic, paper, metal, glass, etc.

Saturday: Sanitary, pet waste, cat litter, bathroom waste, old medicines, etc..

We do exactly the opposite. Recyclables we put in a green bag and trash in a white bag.

We had no idea they came on Saturday for pet waste etc... etc. Guess I will try that this week and see if it gets picked up.

Our trash (both the recycle and the regular) are picked up Tuesday and Friday for sure. We have not put trash out any other days.

We are in Rancho del Oro.

I agree with Ajijic4me as I see them tearing open the trash and sorting so it could possible not matter about recycle and other. Who knows.

Archived