Chapala.com Webboard

Where to Buy Fabric and Sewing Patterns?

Does anyone know where to buy fabric and sewing patterns? I do know of a little shop on the street leading to the Ajijic church. They have very basic fabrics. I'm looking for a larger selection - plus patterns (Butterick, Simplicity, etc.). I'm guessing I have to go to Guadalajara for them, right?

As far as material is concerned I just went with a friend to Guadalajara and there is one large divided street with several stores with a huge variety of material. I believe the name of the street is Chapultepec ... probably not spelled right. If someone on this board does not respond with the correct street name I will call my friend tomorrow and ask her. I bought some beautiful material for a dress and a pants outfit ... that particular store had some very old patterns that they let me look through ... I found two patterns that I really liked and they gave them to me :) Anyway, if you sew this is the place! ... Just found my receipt .. Al Puerto De Veracruz, Avenida Chapultepec Norte No. 125, Guadalajara, Tels. 36 15 73 40 and 38 26 75 65

The area just north of Chapultepec has lots of fabric and notions stores. The area is called Santa Teresita. Where Chapultepec meets up with Avenida Mexico, it is directly behind the Aurrera Bodega (I know I spelled that wrong, the big green grocery store). More selection than what is on Chapultepec.

Archived